Home Forums Explore Media Decorative Arts, Murals, and Faux need a mask using leaf metals etc?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    tidal

Wee bit paranoid on wether to wear a mask or not as I have seen a you tube video on using gold leaf and little specs of it was flying of into the air ! I ask as am using aluminium and had made my own paste of aluminium powder carnuba wax and linseed oil BUT ofcourse is the yellow in the color of the silver comeing through due to the oil etc and don’t want to use mineral or turps etc.. so was thinking to use the leaf instead as you don’t have the issues with the yellow from added ingredients BUT concerned when I am applying it little pieces of it are going float of and obviously aluminium is not something you want to be inhaling or ingesting in any way…am having to use my bedroom doubling up as a studio so am having to be uber cautious about what I do in there as am breathing It in when I go to sleep

Sculpture is what you bump into when you back up to see a painting..Barnett Newman

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.