WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 10:39 AM
A Local Legend
Deepest Wettest Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: *** Daily Wash Monday 19th August 2019 ***

Tried this a couple of times now here goes again.

Aft'noon each ...

Yeah!!! it finally worked. Thanks Doug.

Happy Monday everyone ....

Insanity is hereditary ............ you can get it from your children ....or Grandchildren
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Glad you made it Kev, just leave that "remember me" box checked when you log in.

Doug
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Lord of the Arts
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Good morning everyone - nice to see you back Kevin, and to hear how well Adam is doing.

Lynn, so sorry your camping trip was cut short as you so look forward to it.

Garden looking good JJ.

DD made an icecream pie with no eggs - ginger cookie crust, whipped cream and Eagle Brand milk with broken up ginger candies in it, then frozen. Really delicious, and something we all can eat.

Take care everyone. Betty
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:00 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Good Morning... Firstly, WC forgot who I was and wouldn't allow me to log in and post. And then, after typing most of my post, I somehow managed to wipe it clean and couldn't retrieve it.

A beautiful thunderstorm drove through here last night with lots of lightening, thunder and not much rain. We did get 1/2". The gardens are happy. I'll be harvesting lots of cherry tomatoes today and cooking them down for sauce. I'll sieve the seeds and skins.

I made Sriracha meatball tacos and chicken salsa tacos for last night's dinner. They were a big hit. McKenzie took the chicken leftovers home and Simon has meatball sub sandwiches in his lunch today.

Our motorhome water problems in the little bathroom are now resolved. $$$ to replace the valves. Such is life. Ted would never have been able to manage that repair alone.

But, Simon helped him fix the riding lawnmower that stopped dead in the grass two days ago. That saved us a ton of $$$. Somehow the machine picked up a big piece of glacier stone, lodging itself inside one of the belts. It took some sleuthing by the guys to figure out the problem, but it's all good today!

My back started spasming again last evening and I was forced to take more meds. It's once again calmed down today and just aches. I showered by myself while Ted was in town. He's angry with me.

When McKenzie stepped out on the front porch (to smoke... ) this little visitor was barring the way to the steps:

Can you see the web? It engulfed the entire width of the porch. This is a closeup of the girl... she's about the size of a quarter:

She's beautifully striped in red and black.

Nancy, I saw the initial work on FB for your mini... looking forward to all the details.

Kay... how you doin'?

Routines are a good thing, Doug.

How fortunate that you can chat with your Doctor, Geoff! We are able to do the same, but here in Ontario it's the exception not the rule.

Mike, it's not unusual to get delayed on the 401 here in Southern Ontario. It's a huge highway and extremely crowded with traffic and trucks. Oh, the trucks...

JJ, your gardens are looking beautiful. I'm sorry you've hurt your back. Take care with it.

Wow, Lulu... watching that darned clock would stress anyone!

Annie, don't you think that just chatting with anyone has become a lost art? Too many phones on board.

Uschi, it will be exciting to hear how Ethan made out in Europe. He is getting the most interesting life education. I can just imagine how hot it was at Earlene's party...

((Lynn)) Staying hydrated is also important. Just sayin'.

Ellen, I cleared the fridge of fric and frac this morning also. Ted made the garbage run for us.

Sylvia, do you put your sauce through a food mill? I'm looking forward to seeing your rooster!

Yum... I do love a good coffee cake, D'Lady!

Yay, Kev!

Betty, I make that ice cream quite often. Broken ginger cookies in it would be delicious!!!

Well... Half the day is now officially gone. I hope the rest of your day is the very best possible. to those who may pop in and are yet to come. Everyone.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 12:05 PM
Lord of the Arts
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Hi again - Char, it is even more delicious with broken hard ginger candies in the cream part! Betty
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 01:33 PM
Immortalized
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Dentist visit over. I have to go back, the new crown is still too high. I could not tell until I started to eat.

Char and JJ, Thanks so much. I am working on the table, chair, and have to figure out how to make vase. I am working in the back of my mind on that problem. That will be the last mini that I will work on prior to surgery.

Char, That spider would have stopped me in my tracks, too!

We are on our way out the door to go get some good walking in at the Mall.

BBL
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 02:29 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Hi all,

Well last night we had a doozy of a thunderstorm. Thunder cracked right overhead. Sent the cats flying. Power went out for a couple of seconds, but I said to myself don't reset the clocks until this passes. Sure enough, I was talking on the phone with a friend, my landline which is not really a landline, comes through the fios box, when it went out again and the phone went dead. Then it all came back again and righted itself. I called her back to let her know what had happened.

Today it's hotter than hades and still humid. We are expecting more storms over the next few days.

Tweaked the muscle again. I think it's due to over tiredness. Just not paying attention closely enough when you are that tired. I am taking it easy, but expecting PT today.

Uschi how exciting for Ethan.

Char I'm going to ask again. Did you ask your doctor about taking magnesium. I suffered from the same thing. Once a back spasm sent me to the emergency room. But watching what I eat and taking magnesium when I can feel my muscles starting to get a little spasmy has kept me out of the ER.

Mmmmm that sounds good Betty. Trader Joe's used to carry these amazing GF ginger cookies. They don't have them anymore.

JJ for Alan. Oh no, you have to go back to the dreaded garden center? Life is hard.

Oh, just a tip. When you are ready to submit your post, don't hit the submit post button. Hit the preview post button. This will save your post. Then hit submit. Also do this if you get interrupted. Hit preview and you can come back to it later.

Signing off now.

Later,
Kay
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 02:49 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Afternoon!!

Bright sunshine and still hot and humid

I suddenly realized that there are not that many days left before teacher son had to go back to work he and their SUV would be unavailable to me. So a quick phone call, yes he is available, let's go right now, so off to Ikea we went to buy my new and VERY comfortable chair for my upstairs room. See here https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/ektorp-...ray-s49164896/

We'll wait until tomorrow when Ethan will be available and he and his dad can carry it upstairs.

I also had a coffee, Laila (puppy) petting and a nice chat with Ava.

Nancy, FB wasn't responding, I'll check later. Sorry your tooth isn't right yet.

Char, I told you that you are not letting your back heal so far I am being very good with my neck but how much longer MacKenzy smoking???????? You mean vaping, right, if not

Betty, your daughter is very innovative!!

Ethan will arrive at six in the evening, from flight from Berlin to Frankfurt and Frankfurt to Toronto. He's be way too tired, I'll wait to see him tomorrow.

Thanks for the cake D'Lady!!

Hi Kev, glad you managed to get in, now that you managed to get back on WC, make use of it

Kay, glad you posted!!

Uschi

Last edited by Uschi : 08-19-2019 at 02:51 PM.
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 02:50 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Weather been good this afternoon...Dr. had a 20 minute chat which reassured me on certain, worrying to me, points .....so all good till next appointment.

geoff
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 03:12 PM
Lord of the Arts
Cobble Hill, BC

Hails from Canada

Hi again -glad your dr was able to reassure you Geoff.

Kay - DGD and I made the ginger cookies - very simple and tasty. Betty
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 05:50 PM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada

Hiya Gang... we had some good news today. The algae growing in the lake is not the dangerous blue green variety. It's still icky, though.

The little cherry tomatoes ended up being more work than I really wanted to get caught up in. After picking them, I watered the porch plants. And then I dumped the whole 11 qt. basket into a pot of boiling water to loosen the skins. I drained them in a colander and then dumped that into a sink filled with ice water. Once they were skinned, I put them into my powerful blender to pulverize the seeds and flesh together. This made an unsatisfactory "grainy" mouth feel. So, I then put the mixture through a sieve. I was left with a beautiful, silky puree which I then cooked. Once it had boiled down a little, I seasoned it with just a hint of salt and poured it into a litre jar. Yes. ONE litre. Never mind... it's tasty and nothing was wasted.

I have three gorgeous zucchini to do something with. And four ears of corn that my neighbour dropped off from his garden. I just need to decide on a protein and dinner will be made. My back is really sore and I would rather curl up in my chair and sleep. But, until I get Ted's dinner made, that won't happen.

Nancy, I really like spiders and they do not frighten me in the least.

Kay, I have magnesium powder that I mix into orange juice and topical magnesium that I massage into my leg muscles. I haven't asked my Dr., but he knows absolutely nothing about homeopathic treatments and natural medicines. He likes it when I tell him about this stuff. I honestly wasn't trying to ignore you... I'm a little ditzy these days.

Uschi, I know. I know. Your chair looks beautiful. And McKenzie... smoking now, not vaping.

(((Geoff)))

Betty, I keep preserved ginger in the cupboard and add a piece to my green tea when I brew it. SO good.

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 05:54 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Good day all,

Char, we had a little rain but no noise. I like the noise. Hope you continue to improve. Janet and I often remind each other that we have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of each other.

Uschi, I love your new chair. It looks so comfortable. Too bad it will be upstairs for the next time I visit you.

Geoff, glad you can relax till your next visit.

Kay, thanks for the tip.

I bought an ice cream maker a couple of weeks ago and the ice cream is better than in any store. Doug, wish I had it when you were here. The vanilla is so good with homemade apple sauce.

Orange Roughy for dinner,
Bill

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 06:31 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

Good Tuesday morning all.. Sun is shining, and all is well.

Loads of very noisy trucks going up and down our street. The street is not made for heavy traffic, it has a tight "S" at the top of the hill. (the street, was a creek) The council are still working on the street below, and will be for a month or so more. There is a huge storm water drain, that is actually a creek, that is having the sides shored up with huge rocks.
The road has been closed off, hence why all the traffic directed up our hill.

A trip to Bunnings today, need to buy a length of chain, and some hooks to hang the last two orchids. I am looking forward to them flowering. I must remember to give them a feed too, with fish emulsion. I will see if Bunnings have any red mulch, otherwise it is back to the landscaping supplies with a large bag

Thank you for all your nice comments.

Uschi, that is one smart chair!!

Char, so sorry your back is still paining you. I don't ever remember having muscle spasm in my back before, they floor you. Mine is not too bad today, just enough to get an exclamation out of me every now and them. I did exercises on my bed, that helped. Big hugs! Oh I too use magnesium, I have a roll on. xx

Love that spider.

Yay Kev.

Hey Bill. Orange roughy is one of my favourite eating fish. My mouth watered when I read it.

I had to put my icecream maker away, I could sit there and eat the whole tub.

Hugs Geoff.

I had better move myself, I need breakfast. Fruit and yoghurt, topped with Chia Seeds and Hemp Seeds, and nuts.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 06:33 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Uschi, I know. I know. Your chair looks beautiful. And McKenzie... smoking now, not vaping.

Oh Char, idiot child and that after watching you go through your agonizing process of quitting and the lectures about addiction I gave. and more

Bill, I have the identical chair but in white along with two identical love seats downstairs and now that I have cleaned up upstairs you are welcome to sit there any time too Because I already have one I KNOW how comfortable it is and all my visitors think so too.

Char, re your back and my neck, as I said, I have done NOTHING that I shouldn't have and then I see this green sauce/juice puddling all over the bottom of the fridge (have absolutely NO idea where it came from) and HAD to take the shelves, drawers out and clean it out and just squeezing the neck and shoulder together as I am reaching in I could feel it starting. Immediately did some stretches etc. but it shows just how quickly and for so little work it can get aggravated all over again.

Geoff a hug for you because I am happy for you!!!!

Uschi

#30   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2019, 02:27 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Char and Uschi as we get older we get more fragile and it is easy to strain muscles, I take great care bending and lifting, I don't want that pain again if I can avoid it.

Wonder how Steve and Lisa are getting on?

Doug