Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My studio sign
    I am opening my studio here in Italy to the public this June. I am not used to working in large formats as most of my work as an engraver is very small and detailed. Here is my sign for the front of the studio. It measures 3ftx6ft and is painted with acrylics on marine grade plywood. I have sealed it with a clear spray acrylic, in hopes that the sun and rain will not be too harsh on it.
    If you have any suggestions in prolonging its existence I will be most grateful. The color difference at the top is caused from the shadow of my balcony

"What a large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything"(Lawrence Sterne)

That’s beautiful!

I’ve had acrylic signs last for years, I live by the Mississippi River, our temps range from the -30C in the winter to 40C plus humidity in the summer. It’s pretty harsh but a couple layers of a clear coat works well. With that being marine grade plywood, it should last a good long bit.

Good luck and congratulations on your studio. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

pa-paw

Joseph, my cautionary thought concerning using a protective spray is that the protection would be so very thin. The outside elements will be attacking that thin barrier of protection. I would go back with a brush on clear. By the way, you are a very good artist as your work details. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pa-paw/
        [FONT=Calibri]Photography and Art Work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.