Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art New WIP – Finished

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kramus

Something new on the easel. It’s not at all in focus yet, but so far so good 🙂
        11”x14” pencil & graphite – a name will come time, but first I’ll need to put some time into it.
        As always, comments and critique are actively solicited :thumbsup:

Visit http://markfineart.ca
        “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.”
        Edgar Degas

Beautiful start!

I like your easel set up too. I love seeing how people work.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
        Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

talisman

I always enjoy your WIP and your finished works.
            So watching this one.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

kramus

Thanks Virginia. I took a couple more happy snaps of my current setup as a what-the-heck.
                First you see a picture showing the clamps that hold the wood strips on either side of my 1/4″ plexiglass drawing board. They get moved around depending on where I want the mahl stick to sit when I draw.
                Second is a bit of a closer view of the drawing stuffs collecting on a little wooden stool I keep near me. The one thing that I think is worth noting is the wooden block with holes drilled in it and different pencil softnesses written by the holes. It’s handy when I want my 2B and don’t want to search around for it.

Glad to have you taking a look-see Dianna :) I’m still at a bit of a crossroads with this one, not really sure what it will end up as. I’ll be away for a couple of days – I sometimes find that the separation coupled with the unique view of a piece you get from looking at it when posted as a WIP really helps the organic process of drawing. That viewpoint here on WC is a big reason I do WIPs, TBH. My threads don’t generally get much attention from many folks, but the remove when it comes to seeing the drawing differently is very handy and truly helpful to me :thumbsup:

Edgar Degas

Attalus

Great pose on the woman. Wish I could draw on the easel. I draw with the surface on the table and sightly tilted. I blame my habit of drawing in class instead of listening

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

talisman

I’m liking the strait light beams they are making a good contrast to all the soft organic forms.

Great set up!
                        Thanks for showing us your creative zone.

C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

kramus

It is a nice pose Bill. I may have used a library image from DA, actually. I have collected so many images from so many sources over the years, most with broken trails, being able to give credit to the model/photographer is pretty much moot. I like the easel for when I don’t want to draw on an angle. Sometimes lap art seems to suffer from that, so even a smaller drawing like this one winds up sitting on the easel.

It would be nice to go straight to pure simplicity Dianna, but I don’t have the knack. The combination of line and form has gotten pretty complicated, and I may not be able to find the path. That combination of straight and flowing hopefully resurfaces in the next few forays into the studio :crossfingers:

A bit of an update. As I said, I’ve managed to complicate things, and need to take a good look at how to pare back and make the drawing a little less confused.

Edgar Degas

talisman

Well, you always find your way!

C and C always welcome.
                                My DeviantArt Gallery

Boafamily

This has an echolocation telepathic communication thing going on that is simply beautiful.

kramus

Thanks for that Anthony :)

I’ll take the drawing a bit further in its current direction before revisiting the crepuscular rays that are apparently fading from view.

Edgar Degas

kramus

The end-game, so to speak. I’m almost there.

Edgar Degas

Looks Terrific!

kramus

Thanks L Skylar :)

I still don’t have a name for this, but I do call it finished. I’m including a couple of close-crops for those who like to see that sort of thing. I hope you like it.

I may add a final image that is an improvement on the iPhone happy-snaps. It depends on when my new scanner arrives. We shall see.

Edgar Degas

Beautiful finish!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                                Find me on Instagram
                                                Find me on Facebook

kramus

Thanks Virginia :)

Edgar Degas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.