Home Forums Explore Subjects Southwest and Western Art Untitled ( After van Gogh – Holland Period )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    oldglory

This is a small painting of a similar painting by van Gogh during his Holland period – I have always liked this period – In fact I think it is some of his best work –

Painting: Oil on canvas panel, 8 x 10; Palette: Yellow Ochre Pale, Burnt Sienna, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Terre Verte, Raw Umber, Cremnitz White –

Comments and suggestions always welcome –

Thank you for viewing – Hud

That is beautiful, Hud, as is all your work! I visited a gallery who had lots of van Gogh’s works and they were amazing to see.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

oldglory

Kay: Thank you very much – I appreciate your visiting and commenting –

About 50 years ago I had the privilege of visiting a Museum which had on loan a great many works by van Gogh – To say the least it was stunning – It is hard to imagine the powerful colors and brush strokes he incorporated in his paintings; one must see in the flesh to fully comprehend his paintings –

Again, thank you for stopping by –

Hud

This is beautiful and atmospheric, Hud! I love your colors, and the flock of birds adds life to this scene. It has a warm and sunny feel. Well done!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

oldglory

Jenna: Thank you – Appreciate your viewing –

I kept my subject and palette very simple and warm; did not want to work on a complex painting –

When I had finished the painting I felt something was missing – I wanted some life and movement; thus, I added the birds – Pleased you think they complement the painting –

Hud

A faithful and pleasing image. Years ago, I had saw the “French Impressionist Exhibition”. I was thrilled to see actual pieces.

oldglory

Skylar: Thank you very much – It was an enjoyable and refreshing painting to do –

I can only imagine how incredible it would be to see a large showing of French Impressionist paintings; had to be a most inspiring time spent –

Thanks for viewing –

Hud

Fall scenes with blue and gold are warm and welcoming. Nice work.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                    My website https://jocastilloart.com

oldglory

Jo: Thank you very much – Appreciate you stopping by –

Hud

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.