Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Boys’ Toys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Greenhill
        Popped out to the airfield today to watch and take pics of the model airplane meeting. Unfortunately none of the bigger models flew while I was there.
        Some are capable of reaching speeds of up to 400mph. It was quite a challenge capturing them as they flew by and roared overhead.

Typically, 1/8000 sec @ f/7.1 @ ISO1250 @ 120mm

MY FLICKR
        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Dreamin

Great shots! Those planes are impressive….glad you got to go enjoy some of that!! Those are larger than I expected of model airplanes!!

Natalie

My brother was into this for quite some time. His plane was no where as large as some of those. I can’t get over the size of the trailers used to haul those planes as will as all the equipment needed for upkeep. I wonder if they have a club around here where I could go watch.

I enjoyed your journalistic photographs, Mark. Thanks for the generous assortment. It looks so interesting. Did you get to ask questions or were you a quiet observer/photographer?

They are all good shots. You were definitely in your element.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Quint

Great to see with the morning first cup of coffee. Thanks, Mark. Especially like the A10 Warthog.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

I also wish to add the following:

I am assuming that these planes are replicas of the REAL THING, yes?
                If that is the case, images like these in this gauge allows one to appreciate the design and creativity in making these beauties. I am speaking particularly of the last AIR FORCE jet photo and all the Green REBEL photos. My gosh, they are not only beautiful in design but so sleek and air resistant looking. SWOOOOOSH!!!

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Greenhill

Thanks Nat, and Quint.

Lorell, yes they are replicas of the real thing as you put it, I’m no aficionado on airplanes but I think the last one, which you like, is one of the F18 Mks, but I’m not sure. Yes, I did get to ask a few questions of the owners but not nearly enough. I did learn that they cost anywhere between, AUD 3K and 30K – I’m sure that even if you were filthy rich you’d have to have more money than sense to indulge yourself in such a transient pursuit. Nevertheless, my camers simply lurves ’em and cost’s nothing to run! (aren’t I forgetting what I paid for it though!) :rolleyes:

MY FLICKR

dewarp

Wow Mark. Really fantastic. I had no idea that hobby model aircraft had come to this.

regards – Peter

frodron

In Britain we are having a series of three TV programmes re-enacting the aviation Battle of Britain with model aircraft.

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

Not sure why they’d only be for boys.

Fabulous planes, wonderful shots.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Greenhill

Peter, Frodon, Peter, Doug, before you rush out to buy one, please consider the wisdom of the investment.
                                35,000 Dollar Twin Turbine RC Jet Crashes and Explodes – YouTube

MY FLICKR

I gave up wanting to, sixty years ago.

Anonymous

Terrific stuff! Thanks for taking and sharing these.

Greenhill

Quint, Peter, Dave, my problem, I never grew up!

MY FLICKR

frodron

You are right Martk.
                                            If you think photography is expensive just think of the outlay for these models.

Cherish yesterday,dream tomorrow,live today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.