WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Northampton

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: German short hair pointer and friend

Lovely work. I think you've captured their relationship really well.

Stan
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2020, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Pa.

Hails from United States

Thank you Stan

Luvy, There are different grades of sanded paper. I get most of my supplies from Dick Blick on line They are a little more expensive but if there is a problem they get right on it. I myself like 800 grade and sometime 400.

I have a tendency to over explaining things which people end up saying... HUH so this is uart's explanation. This premium-quality , neutral-colored sanded pastel paper combines quality, consistency, and durability. The 240 grade has the largest tooth available. The 400 and 500 grade have a moderate "bite," while the 600 and 800 grade are super fine. All grades accept many layers of hard or soft pastels, yet also work well with other mediums. The low-profile surface allows for easy erasing. Each sheet is pH neutral and acid-free .

I hope this helps...

One more thing I really try to use a mask, but its hard when wearing glasses ...guess I need tiny glass wipers Donna
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time”. ~Thomas Merton
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2020, 02:04 PM

Stunning!
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2020, 03:05 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Plant City, Fl 33563

Hails from United States

I don't know what this was. I just bought it because I knew it was sanded paper. I've been using it to clean my erasers LOL I'll use up the paper I got in no time. Thanks for the info. It was cheap because the store is going out of business I also got what I calls suede board which I use all the time but it was in black Wow is that hard to cover.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2020, 01:28 PM
Veteran Member
Pa.

Hails from United States

Ditte3, Thank you

Luzy, Don't give up on sanded paper yet it really might have been just the grade. I am a self taught artist, when I joined wet canvas I was blown away of all the mediums, style, techniques, paper...the list goes on. And of course how everyone is so willing to share their knowledge. I've learned so much on this site and sanded paper was one of them. With that being said it only comes down to what your preference is ... where your comfort zone is... but sometimes its nice to think of outside the box....
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time”. ~Thomas Merton