Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art It Conquered The World

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    WoodyWelch

Movie posters and paper back book covers were my art museums when I was growing up and since I loved monster movies I became a practiced illustrator at drawing the cinematic beasties. Decades later I am STILL doing it. :) This conical Venusian was from a movie made in 1956 and was basically a commie from Venus and special effects man Paul Blaisdel designed the creature with a crimson color….(See….he’s a “red”…get it? ) I did this artwork about fifteen years ago and, like a lot of stuff I do on lazy Saturdays, it was just done for my own amusement.

Acrylics on stretched canvas at 18 x 24. (I have included the poster art from ’56 by Albert Khalis so you can see that the monster was just as silly in the movie as it is in my painting. I love these types of critters :heart: )

talisman

Fun, I like how the monster and the girl have the same blue eyes (it’s are a lot more blood shot. At least it looks that way on my screen.)

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

WoodyWelch

Lol…yeah, Its Eyes Are Red….it’s More Than Just A Visine Fix!!! :lol: :cool:

I’m With You, Woody! Those posters influence me still. As do those junky, campy, ridiculous movies. This is Excellent work – Of course, I could barely get past that bright green sweater…

WoodyWelch

:lol: Thanks, Skylar!!! :wave:

Attalus

All I remember about “It Conquered the World” was that the creature looked like a giant anise plant. Why it would want women as its slaves I had no idea. I burn with shame to state that even I, horndog teenager that I was, totally missed Beverly Garland’s star turn. :o

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

I love those movies, I remember the first time I saw this one, I must have been about six. I had a red stuffed dog that I would pretend was this monster. :lol:

Another great one!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                        Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

WoodyWelch

All I remember about “It Conquered the World” was that the creature looked like a giant anise plant. Why it would want women as its slaves I had no idea. I burn with shame to state that even I, horndog teenager that I was, totally missed Beverly Garland’s star turn. :o

She was such a good actress that she could take the crappiest dialogue and make it work…:clap:

WoodyWelch

I love those movies, I remember the first time I saw this one, I must have been about six. I had a red stuffed dog that I would pretend was this monster. :lol:

Another great one!

Thanks so much!!! :wave:

It seems I have missed a lot of movies lol

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                                Every painting is a new adventure.

WoodyWelch

:lol:

Attalus

She was such a good actress that she could take the crappiest dialogue and make it work…:clap:

Reminds me of what the late Carrie Fisher said about George Lucas’ scripts: “You can write this stuff but you can’t say it.” :(

ETA: e.g. “Darth Vader! Only you could be so bold!” :envy:

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

WoodyWelch

I know….lol….but when I was a pre teen all me and my buddies cared about were the monsters….and when you’re that young, everything looks good. :D

Attalus

I know….lol….but when I was a pre teen all me and my buddies cared about were the monsters….and when you’re that young, everything looks good. :D

Well, everything but squash and school exams. Otherwise, Okay!

WoodyWelch

Well, everything but squash and school exams. Otherwise, Okay!

:lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.