Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes stage two tree study

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Skyenorth

I had another two mornings painting this small study, letting it dry between each painting session. I can see where I want to go with this, I need to sort out that bright shrub to the left of the middle tree. I decided to add trees to the right of the main tree and I also moved the main tree to the right more so it wasn’t so central. I wanted dusk to fall in this one so may need to go darker, not sure. Comments welcome. Study is 5 x 7 inches. Thank you Caroline

[URL=http://www.simmillarts.co.uk
        http://simmill-arts.blogspot.com/
        Success is never found. Failure never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
        Winston Churchill.

123harry

Beautiful painting. Subtle colours and that water highlight cleverly introduces light and depth to the lower part of the painting.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

oldnmartist

I think it would be nice to have a broken trail of light coming from the base of the trees on the left and cutting diagonally across to the right and then finding its way to the pool on the bottom. It is sort of there already, which gave me the idea.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

Dcam
                    Reddyman

I think this is coming along beautifully Caroline, I agree that the colours are superb in this piece and that contrast with the introduction of the water is brilliant giving added depth and dimension.
                        John

This is looking so pretty Caroline. I love the cool silvery blues contrasting with the rusty warm colors. Very quiet and peaceful.

Heather AKA Lucy12
                        https://www.heatherrossbach.com
                        https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
                        https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

Reed Jones

Yeah, I wouldn’t do much else to this one, myself. It is so rich and harmonious as is. Really very lovely painting.

www.reedmichaeljones.com

Critiques and feedback are welcomed!

Bizzibee

Those colours are absolutely beautiful Caroline: some of my favourites. This has the feel of a 19thC work to me. It is so still and tranquil. Those little pops of cool blue are inspired. Excellent!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Aussiesrus

Caroline – Great value control & lovely harmony. The water reflections work well as they are subtle yet do not compete with the main tree. Another important, subtle inclusion is that hint of distant blue which adds depth & complements the main color scheme.

If the bright shrub is considered an issue, perhaps the application of warm, dark glaze may reduce its importance ? – A great result & I agree it does have that 19th century look.

Michael

michaelcartwrightart.com.au
                                    https://bluethumb.com.au/michael-cartwright
                                    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DRUNK I AM

Very nicely done. There is enough information to fire the imagination. The details are restrained enough to allow that imagination tell its own story. I also like the contrast of the cool blue to the warm oranges/browns. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

kentiessen

Very nice! The textures are great and your values are deep enough to support any light of evening. I would suggest some small edge work and flattening on the water for it’s read-

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                                        Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

Hootenanny

This is absolutely stunning! The colors are just gorgeous.

CaliAnn

This is stunning Caroline! I love the colors and the subtle hints of light – a real gem!

Bartc

I like it as is. Lovely low key possibly nocturne. NIce work.

Wonderfully suggestive — bravo indeed !!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.