Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals A Handful of Ink Blotches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Munin Raven

In an effort to be a more regular poster here, I thought I would start two new threads: One covering my digital sketches, and this one that deals with any ink based scribbles. That’s it, I guess. Not much more to say. :)

Starting with a few re-scans (I think I might have posted them somewhere on WC) that I’ve at some point added to at a later date, and then I’ll progress from there…

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
        vhere

great :)

are you in Wales?

otherworlder

These are super cool, what a wonderful use of lines. They make me want to do ink drawings.

Munin Raven

Thanks, guys. :thumbsup:

Vhere: I live in Shropshire, but love exploring North Wales as often as possible.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
                    vhere

Great drawings :). Nice part of the world to live

hobbyartist87

Great ink work, Munin. Echoing comments that it makes me want to explore pen-and-ink at some point. What pens did you use in the tree trunk sketch?

Sandra

Totally fabulous!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

(this is me, speechless).

Maria - Made in Portugal
                            "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

Munin Raven

Thanks, as always, for all the encouragement. :heart:

Hobbyartist: The tree trunk was done with a cheap pack of multi-coloured Stabilo fibre-tip pens.

Sketch-Blog
                                vhere

these are great :) and wonderful recession

maryinasia

wow!

Munin Raven

Your encouraging words are appreciated. :heart:

This post is actually digital (using a roughly decade old version of Corel Painter). I decided to throw it in here just to have at least one representation of digital ink (boo-hiss!) :(

I’m not someone that will bend a knee to the purists (they dislike biro too), but I do understand the reasoning. I’ll be sure to include some totally analogue inky goodness in the following update (plus some more biro sketches… because why not), but it won’t be a stippled 50+ hour portrait of a celebrity that is personally sterile to me in every sense: Some skill, no soul!

Hehe… I’m feeling like I’ve been a little naughty on WC, but in the journal section, so maybe I can slip under the radar. Actually, no. Doug is always there! :)

Anyway… digital ink thingies revolving around my love of crows and a old verse.

I love all the different variations of the rhyme, but like most things of this nature; it’s very hard to find an absolute. I love that more! :heart:

Sketch-Blog

I love crows – they are Lisbon’s symbol!

Love your work, just love it!

Maria - Made in Portugal
                                            "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

eyepaint

Love the city scape in reds.

I’m not familiar with your crow nursery rhyme.

-- EP Moderator for:
                                                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Those are wonderful!!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                                Find me on Instagram
                                                Find me on Facebook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.