Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia December Monthly WM Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the last month in the year; December has finally arrived ready or not. I will post several images of mine that you may peruse and choose to paint in watermedia. Post within this thread any time during the month or afterward; these challenges never really close :cool:

Bay horse on the farm

White cat Sinatra in east TX antique store

Anemones in old Kerr jar

My neighbor Ruby

South Florida

My friend Carole’s lilies

Bougainvillea blooms

Old red barn in snow

Santa and reindeer

Have fun :clap: :wave:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

ronsu18

fireworks and fun 😀
        these photos already bear your signature, really hoping you find the time to participate yourself before holiday preparations! i plan to take my inktense pencils on a virgin voyage with these (yes, plural) starting with the azure blue cat. let’s hope something comes out worth posting..

C&C welcome

CaliAnn

These are fantastic Kay – thank you for hosting.

Thanks, Kay. Some lovely colourful photos. I’ve decided which to do. 😎

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

eyepaint

Thanks for jumping in to host, Kay! I just posted a late entry in the November thread because I felt inspired last night.

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Glad you all saw the new images and approve as I was grabbing what I could last night.

EP, that is/was a great one of the boat, and everyone needs to go back to November and see what she posted.

Not sure which one of these I’ll tackle. I did paint Sinatra in watercolor and it is now in Splash 17 series by NorthLight Books; I might show it to you all but won’t add it as an entry…will attempt one of the others as I’ve not painted any of them.

Kay

Mike D

Helloooo!

I decided to participate in your monthly challenge! This is a small, 2.5″x 3.5″, watercolor I did of the South Florida picture. Thanks!

ronsu18

i like the soft, inviting foreground colors the best, how they pull the viewer in. it’s a skill to paint that small, you’ve even drawn the wires in there!

C&C welcome

ColdPress

Kay, thanks for the great photos!
                            Mike, love the Florida wc.
                            EP, great Nov boat!

… CP

Happy painting! ... CP

KaySilver

Hi all! I’m hoping to take part again this month. Thanks for the fun selection of photos Kay! I think I’ll choose the red barn as it’s so festive and seasonal.

Mike, that’s an excellent tiny watercolour! Amazing detail considering the size. My eyesight definitely isn’t good enough to work on that scale!

Mike – great landscape! You have lots of patience with all the detail.
                                My horse, A4, mainly wc with a little gouache added when the red/brown just didn’t seem to do what I wanted it to do. Black wc cp also used as finishing touches

Christel

Hello and welcome to WetCanvas, Mike, so good to have you join us and participate with such a fun little one! You can also cross post this in Miniatures forum. Hope to see more.

Christel, you have amazing horse anatomy skills as he is perfect!

Kay

Thanks Kay!

Christel

Very nice, Mike and Christel. The town scene has lovely colours and textures. The horse has a very nice, soft expression.

Penny
                                “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

I don’t use acrylics very often but gave it a go. This is water-based acrylic with added water on a multi-media board. I need more practice at mixing colours in acrylics.

Penny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.