Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Topic #67, Reminds me of a Song, Book, etc., Feb 17-Mar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination.

Please read the guidelines before posting.

Topic : Reminds you of a SONG, MOVIE, PLAY, OPERA, TV SHOW, etc. Start with the title of a book, movie, song, opera, play, etc. Then show a photo that fits that title.
    Thanks Dave for suggesting this idea. In October of 2017 we used this idea but limited it to SONGS. We had a good response so I thought we would do it again but as Dave suggested, expand the field.

This topic will end: March 2, 2019

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause .
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

fun!

Quint

A fav of mine.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

Wow, how did you find that?

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Quint

Wow, how did you find that?

I took it on a cross country road trip in 2012-13. Nifty little memorial.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

Don

Reminds me of my trip out west in 2015. Notice the couple in the upper window, also a painting like the pickup truck. That was a fun trip.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                    Immortalized forever
                    With silver and light"

selectedgrub
                        Dreamin

O beautiful for spacious skies,
                            For amber waves of grain,
                            For purple mountain majesties
                            Above the fruited plain!

Natalie

Anonymous

Stormy Weather – (Lena Horne, 1943)

[Nikon D7500 with Nikkor 18-300mm taken at 105mm, manual mode, 1/400 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100, processed in ACR then PSCS5]

Oh these are so good and I am glad too many to comment on each. I hope it is okay, I just want to enjoy each and every one of them.
                                LORELL

Anonymous

Oh these are so good and I am glad too many to comment on each. I hope it is okay, I just want to enjoy each and every one of them.
                                    LORELL

I agree.

The two “Standin’ on the Corner” shots sure bring back memories from decades ago, I love Alice and the white rabbit and the Mad Hatter, and what wonderful purples in those majestic mountains.

I asked my husband and daughter to think of song titles and then of images that I could take as we drove my daughter to the airport this afternoon. It was a blast. Both of them have minds that can generate so many good ideas. I am hoping to get out tomorrow and take some photos to add to this thread.

If you like Piña Coladas[/B][/SIZE], and getting caught in the rain
                                    If you´re not into yoga, if you have half a brain
                                    If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape
                                    I´m the love that you´ve looked for, write to me, and escape”

O Canada! Our home and native land!

Dreamin

Love them all! Good job, everyone!

Natalie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.