Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects The "ANIMAL INN" our Chat-thread for SeptOctNovDec 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
  • Author

Hullo everyone :wave: Well we are now into September, and aren’t the months flying by…..before we know it we will be near the end of the year!
    I’ve no idea where this year has gone! :)

This is the new Chat Thread for September/October/November and December 2018 We welcome all members to come, and chat here. We chat about anything or all things, and also post photos which are of interest to our Chat Thread Members….ALL MEMBERS WELCOME! :thumbsup:

The Previous Thread for May/June/July and August 2018 is here
    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447103&page=8

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Today is the 1st of September, and that is the beginning of Spring for those of us who live in the Southern Hemisphere and for me in New Zealand

I’ve been walking around my Spring garden taking photos. All the daffodils, and Spring Blossom is out now and the gardens are looking wonderful!

Triduana

I don’t know where the year has gone either!

I love your garden photos Viv, especially all those daffodils. We have loads of bulbs in our garden, dormant now though. I keep accidentally digging them up when I’m gardening :lol:

I’ll take photos of what’s happening in our garden soon – I’m getting a new compact camera next week that I’ll need to try out. :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Lovely photos, Viv. Enjoy your spring as we head for autumn. I’ve be been out with Indy and Lesley most of the day, walking and then for a lunch out. Resting now before his evening walk.

Penny
        I live in Wiltshire, England
        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Lovely, Viv. We have a lot of daffodils here in the spring. It has been near 90 and above the last several days, so I really look forward to the fall foliage and cooler temps.

Thankfully, we are headed to NE/Canada on a Royal Caribbean cruise on Thursday. So I will be “off the grid” for a while. It should be lovely there this time of year. Last year we went on a similar (on our first cruise AND vacation in ten years!) to similar ports.

Despite the rain nearly daily, we were able to shoot archery/pistols a few times a week this summer.

Penny, Indy and Lesley are indeed blessed to have you so caring and involved.

Joy
        C & C encouraged!

Joy – The cruise you are going on sounds wonderful! Don’t forget to bring back heaps of photos for us to see!!!

Viv. Your Spring garden is absolutely beautiful. Spring is my favourite time of the years. I always say the trees are putting on their delicate underwear. Here in Germany , the spring bulbs all flower and pop up in the fields and along grassy paths. Love it. At the moment we are having a really really hot summer but this week things have cooled down a little. Tomorrow Pete and I are off on a 50 kilometre cycle trip – my sketch book is ready to go!!!!

Joy, how did your cruise go. Would love to read more about it.

We are all a little sad here. A young fellow (a singer) and someone who was really a very good entertainer jumped overboard from a cruise ship and as the water was very cold, he had no chance of survival. The search has been discontinued. Very sad for his family and friends.

Chammi
        My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

It’s cooler here. I took my dog Indy on the bus with a friend and her dog, Wilf, to a local country park for a walk this morning. It’s a large area of fields on the outskirts of town. We pass some great allotments on the way, full of vegetables and flowers, especially large sunflowers. My smaller variety are in bloom. The camomile I planted last year is spreading well.

I’ve put Cara’s ashes in a pot with a broad-leafed thyme.

I’m going on a coach trip to the Food Fair at Abergavenny on Saturday. I’ve not visited the town before.

Penny
        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Penny, I always enjoy your photos! We have Jake’s ashes in a decorative urn at home.

Chammi, I happened to google the singer and found out he jumped from the AIDA Luna (a German ship) on Sept. 9 near the Canadian coast. Oddly enough, in Halifax, N.S., we toured the Citadel on Sept. 11 and we met some passengers from the Luna! I conversed with them briefly in my minimal German and their excellent English about the tour.

My photos are still on the camera, as we got back Sat. and spent a day unpacking and are still not organized. I will post some eventually, but today we need to do some errands, but it is pouring (remnants of Florence, which I did not know about during the cruise until someone told me). We were blessed with “ridiculously good weather” as per the Captain. It was the best weather ever for a NE/Canada cruise, with warm temps and sun nearly daily.

Boston had wonderful historical sites, and we hiked several miles in Acadia Park in Maine. The pics should be great reference material for painting. The ship was amazing (the sixth largest in the world), with rock climbing, sky diving and great shows. More later!

Joy
        C & C encouraged!

Your holiday sounds amazing, Joy, and I look forward to the photos.

I went to Wales on Saturday, a day trip on a coach, to the International Food Fair in Abergavenny. Huge crowds in a small town. We managed to get away from the centre and visited the Welsh Language Centre cafe, in an old priory barn. Upstairs was a beautiful tapestry.

http://www.stmarys-priory.org/tithebarn/

I then visited Bath the next day to go to the Hobbycraft store to get paper. Got a Daler Rowney Mixedmedia Artboard pad, at a cheaper price than on-line. Unfortunately, later that evening I discovered I’d lost my bank card and bus-pass. I was very lucky in that an honest person reported finding the bank card and it was cancelled (awaiting a new one), and my bus-pass was posted back to Wiltshire Council, which issues them. If Would have had to pay £10 for a replacement!

Penny

Hi everyone :wave:
        Please excuse me if I’m not on my Forums as much as usual for the next couple of months. We have our house and farm for sale, and with many people coming through viewing, it’s quite often impossible to get to my computer.

It’s devastating to have to sell our beautiful property, but with my husband’s health failing and both of us with arthritis etc we are finding it too difficult to manage our huge gardens and grounds. So we will buy a house in the city with not much garden etc. We have been living here for the past 30 years, so it will be a huge lifestyle change for us, but unfortunately it’s one we have to make.:(

Oh, dearest, Vivien bless you and Lawrence during this time of change. You have done so much for this forum that you need to take as much time as you need to do this. It must be a very desirable property! Many older people in our area have sold and “downsized’ as the lawns here are a lot to maintain. Of course, it is different for everyone, but anyone with whom I have spoken was very happy with their move. The most common comment I hear is, “I wish we did this years ago!”

Penny, I love hearing about your trips; it is wonderful that you can see so many great sights in driving distance. Please post some photos. I will do the same, but I got all of the accumulated mail delivered and will have to go through that soon and pay bills. Plus, I do not want to bore everyone talking about my trip too much!

Joy
        C & C encouraged!

Vulpes

Hey there, everyone! I’ve been visiting this site occasionally for years, and I think it’s about time I try and become a part of it. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been nervous to share my art, feeling inadequate and uninteresting. It’s been a slow process, but I now try to share with my friends the things that I make, and would love it if I could be a part of your art community. Every time I visit and peruse the art posted here, I learn something new and have more inspiration to improve.

I’m very interested in joining the monthly challenges! Would charcoal sketches be allowed?
            —-
            Would it be okay if I joined in the conversation? Those are some really nice gardens! Up until I moved a few years ago, my mom and I kept very nice gardens. I really miss it. My favorites were our lilacs. I have to admit, though, that winter is my favorite season.

Collin

Vulpes, welcome! It would be great if you could give us a name or some info on your location. And garden pics are certainly encouraged.

Unless the media is specified, charcoal is welcome in the monthly challenges.

Joy
            C & C encouraged!

Hello, Vulpes. It’s good to meet you and have you join in. Where are you living? It’s always interesting to know what part of the world members are from. Don’t worry about what stage your art is at – we are all in different places on the journey and you will get nothing but help from everyone. I hope you do join in the challenges – you don’t have to be realistic in style and can choose to do only parts of the photos posted for the challenges. Just enjoy expressing yourself through your work.

Penny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 90 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.