Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GPB7865

Graphte on paper (Derwent) Thoughts or suggestions appreciated. First graphic sketch in over 10 years. A little rusty. Thanks Ya’ll!

Glad to see you picking up a pencil again! Not bad for a ten year hiatus … but a couple things come to mind.

The left side eye is too wide as compared to the right side eye. It’s not so much the eye itself but the opening is too wide to the left. Eyes are not identical from side to side, of course, but the skull generally is very close to balanced. It’s always possible that someone has an oddly shaped mouth so I can’t speak to that. The general rule is that if you drop a plumb line down from the pupil on each eye it will indicate roughly the corners of the mouth. I think the eye size difference has made you draw the face somewhat too wide though. But things get rusty when they aren’t used regularly so you did fine here all things considered.

GPB7865

thanks ken

123harry

Good technical advice but you have still produced a believable image. It looks alive and I can imagine it has captured a lot of its subject.

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

GPB7865

Thanks, Harry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.