Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Janet Reno – Xpost Portraits

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    libra

Here is a portrait of a young Janet Reno. She also had parkinsons, was diagnosed in 1995 and died from complications in 2016. This drawing was done with prismacolored pencils and measures 9″x13″.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan
        Goodcatbadcat

I love this! I think Janet Reno would have loved it too. It looks amazing. I really admire the theme of this series. And I really like well executed colored pencil works that retain their “colored penciledness.” I think I didn’t get on well with colored pencil in the past because I wanted it to look like something else, but now I really appreciate the skill it takes to blend colors on top of each other and keep a portrait clean and unmuddied. You have a gift for that. Well done.

“I'm drawing a picture in my mind of what's on your mind. I'm a little confused in my mind, but your mind is coming in clear as hell." - John Altoon

libra

Thank you for such a nice compliment.

Pingpongfan

So nicely.done. She looks happy. How old was she when she died?
                    Ven

libra

I am trying to do portraits of the individuals before they got parkinsons. She was 78 years old when she died.. The thing about parkinsons is that you can live just as long as someone without parkinsons, but the quality of your life is not good. Your body stops producing dopamine which controls your moods and your smooth muscle movements. You have bad balance, tremors, stiff spasming muscles, loss of taste, smell, pain, etc etc.

Everyone has something tho, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, you just never know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.