Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Daffodils

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AnnaE

Prismacolor and India ink on Strathmore WC paper. 9″x12″

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

[FONT=Verdana] [FONT=Verdana] :cat: [/COLOR]

KaySilver

Excellent work. Daffs must be difficult to capture because I’ve seen a lot of not-so-good paintings of them, but this is first rate.

Very inspiring for me, as it’s exactly the kind of thing I like, and am trying to achieve in my own work.

Did you use a reference photo? I’m always interested to see how closely people follow their reference as I am still learning how to decide what to follow and what to change when it comes to backgrounds.

AnnaE

Thank you. Yes, I did use a photo. This is actually from the monthly challenge for May in the flowers and botanicals forum, Plan Parade. I started too late to finish on time and decided to post it here instead, since it’s CP.

For the shading on the yellows I exaggerated whatever color the shadow leaned towards, rather than keeping everything strictly yellow. I had originally intended to add more layers of yellow to the shadows, but I liked the variety and decided to leave it.

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

[FONT=Verdana] [FONT=Verdana] :cat: [/COLOR]

Pingpongfan

Really like this. Particularly like the dead leaves with the living. The contrast is makes one want to look from one side to the other and back again.
                    Vena

Wassie

Love the daffodils and amazed by the greenery and the dead stems on the right.

libra

Very well done!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan
                            ocmd123

Nicely done! I would have gone sideways a hundred times in all that tangled grass! Haha!

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                                Instagram

Save

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.