WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Pastels > Oil Pastel Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#91   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2017, 03:39 AM

Hails from Australia
Re: Art Supply Addicts Anonymous - 2017

Teach art to beginners so just bought a Art Graph Tracer projector and an A2 size LED Tracing Light Pad for the students to use.....and me when I'm lazy!

marksmomagain, am admirably flabbergasted by your knack for a bargain!! Been wanting to ask.....do you use all your goodies for your own work? for students? friends? classmates? Sometimes get this image of you exiting a store with a tall, tottering pile of art supplies making your way back to the car!
'Don't worry about your originality. You couldn't get rid of it even if you wanted to. It will stick with you and show up for better or for worse in spite of all you or anyone else can do.' - Robert Henri
  #92   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-06-2017, 09:05 AM
western New York

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic.Art
Teach art to beginners so just bought a Art Graph Tracer projector and an A2 size LED Tracing Light Pad for the students to use.....and me when I'm lazy!

marksmomagain, am admirably flabbergasted by your knack for a bargain!! Been wanting to ask.....do you use all your goodies for your own work? for students? friends? classmates? Sometimes get this image of you exiting a store with a tall, tottering pile of art supplies making your way back to the car!

Within 2 miles of where I work there is Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Michaels, JoAnne and Ollie's. Five to ten miles further are two really great mom & pop hobby stores, two more Hobby Lobby's, another Ollie's, and last but not least, one fantastic dedicated art store. If I feel like an hour's leisurely drive thru mostly rural roads to the next state, there is another Hobby Lobby and Michaels.

I use most everything myself, but do sometimes pick up items with intent to give away.

One thing I don't understand, especially with the Moulin du Roy and Arches paper, is that after they clearance it all, they order more of the same... I've never paid full price for it. Same with the boards...

#93   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-07-2017, 11:17 AM
SE USA

Hails from United States

marksmomagain, wow - you are very fortunate to have so many brick & mortar stores to walk around and shop in. I live in a small town, so it's always a bit of a drive when I want something. The shortest drive to a real art supply is about 40 minutes, and I was a bit disappointed at their small assortment. It's in a college town, so I was hoping for lots of choices.

As it is, I mostly shop online, though I'd much prefer looking over merchandise in a store before buying. You're lucky!!

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!
  #94   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2017, 12:23 PM
western New York

Hails from United States

#95   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2017, 04:59 PM
A Local Legend
California

Hails from United States

Well, last week my dog ate my brown so I got this new set today's mail from Amazon. These are my fav for sketchbook use.

#96   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2017, 04:10 AM
Enthusiast

Interesting pastels. I have never heard of them before.
  #97   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-21-2017, 07:19 PM

I occasionally like to browse eBay for gently used supplies. Sometimes you can scoop up hardly used sets or things that were purchased but never opened for far less than new if you are careful. The Sennelier wood box set of 150 is up there now with about 130 pastels left in it. Most are hardly used. I put in a maximum bid in that is reasonable. God help me avoid that website for 2 days.....