WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > All Media Art Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2017, 04:04 PM
North East England.

Hails from England
Re: Weeders' Chatroom!

Barbara - a stressful time for you - losing our pets hurts for a long time, they were, after all, part of the family. Time healas, they say ........ does it? - after 5 years for our little cairn, I would like another - perhaps a rescue terrier, but all those in the rescue centres seem to be Staffies - and I couldn't cope if one was strong! ......... but I'm thinking!

Connie - impressive display! Congrats on the sales too - I love your large paintings so I bet 42nd street looks good!
I really like that large one of the dog - wow!

Helen - what a traumatic time you've had ..... I remember you mentioning your husband's knee surgery but didn't realise it was such a botched job ..... having a friend who went through such a similar op, I know how bad it can be ...... they had to remove her replacement too and she spent 3 months without any knee at all, unable to put her foot to the ground.......... even a second one is not so good because of all the damage earlier ....... so it happens here as well as in the US!
I had a hip replaced almost 20 years ago and it's great - so some surgeons are good!

That business with your sister though - how stressful for the family - and how arrogant of her to take so much for granted ..... seems she owes you both rather a lot! ..... and for 13 years!

I'm still finding it hard to get back into painting - it just seems too easy to find other 'essential' jobs to do ... I'm also about to sell our holiday home so have that to empty and all the stuff to bring back here. I've tried numerous times to go and stay but just can't settle there - no matter how nice a place and its surroundings are, how physically comfortable and beautiful, it's no good if I'm not emotionally comfortable too ....... so within the next couple of weeks I'll see if the Park owners will buy it back from me.

Well, after the sweltering heat of last week, the temps are 20 degrees lower, it's very wet, windy and cold enough that I need the heating on - no good sitting shivering! .... even had to dig out jumpers I'd thought I'd put away until next winter!

Be back later

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-29-2017, 10:50 AM
WC! Guide
Regina, Saskatchewan CANADA

Hails from Canada

so sorry to hear of your loss Barbara. they alway leave a tiny bit of themselves in our hearts
Helen, good to hear from you again, but sorry there has been so much strife. I have a friend who, while waiting for knee surgery, broke her leg, she is laid up in a rehab center until her knee sugery comes up, her leg is mending but they dont want her to do any more damage or her surgery will have to be put off for a long time, she is taking up watercolor painting again to pass her time (she paints in acrylics now), hope things get settled with your family soon.
Maureen, I wondered if you would be able to stay at the caravan now, it take alot of emotional strength I think. hope the park owners can help you out, we just bought a 2 yr old trailer (caravan) last fall and have it set up in our spot, building a new deck and enjoying having a place that does not leak and everything works (the old one ws 25yrs old) we talk about what we would do with it if one of us goes first. guess we really dont know until it happens. Hugs to you Dear. in time your painting inspiration will return

the garden is finally up and looking goodm we finally had some rain, July is promising to be a hot one!. I havent even got my motocycle plated yet, should do it next week and ride for a couple months at least.

take care my friends

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Beautiful BC

Hails from Canada

Happy Belated Canada Day! And Happy July the 4th in advance to those who celebrate

Connie - the art shed wall looks good - congrats on selling

Barbara - oh I'm so sorry for your loss Good that you have a cat around

Helen - good to see you back here. Sorry about the knee - of all the people I know who had knee replacement surgery only one is happy with it. The others regret it and one is also of the "constant pain now" situation Sorry also about the sister situation. Family can be difficult at times.

Maureen - hope that holiday home emptying and sale works out for you. I agree that Staffies are on the "too strong" side - something smaller would be a good idea

Bonnie - no plates yet on your motorcycle?

Hi to all!
Moderator for: Artwork From Life (Scavenger Hunts) All Media Art Events (WDE) Art Journals (Sketchbooks)
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2017, 07:59 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

hey all! glad to get back here.. it has been so hot here... takes all the energy right out of me, even for painting or drawing. it has been over 30 deg the last couple of days. there was a good storm last night (with a tornado warning but nothing came of it ). sure needed the rain to cool things off!

Connie... love the look of your art display. they all look spectacular hung together!

Barbara... sorry about losing your puppy working at the shelter is a great idea! maybe spread the word about your pet paintings. never know... you might make a sale

Helen ... wow! too much going on! glad hubby's knee is on the mend. you are right about the health care here, but too often it gets taken for granted. i am not sure where i would be without it.

Maureen.. you'll get the painting bug again. do you have your easel in clear sight or some of your paintings hung where you see them every day? they will start calling to you soon.

Bonnie.. that may be the only cool place this July, riding that bike!

a bit of good news this week... i am going to be a grandpa!
a baby girl is due in November! my wife has gone knitting and crochet crazy.. i may have a couple of crafty things up my sleeve for the new arrival too

the other news is that i have been accepted into a clinical trial for a new MS drug (well.. not new, but new for use treating MS). this feels good to actually do something positive. i am not a rah rah, carry the banner and raise money kinda guy... contributing this way is much more comfortable for me

Said Hamlet to Ophelia, I'll draw a sketch of thee;
What kind of pencil shall I use? 2B or not 2B?
Spike Milligan
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2017, 02:20 AM
WC! Guide
Westbroek, The Netherlands

Hails from Netherlands

Mike, congrats on the grandchild and on participating in the trial!
Maureen, hope you can get back into painting. It always makes me feel better.

We finally had our wedding anniversary party (6 weeks after the fact).
We asked our guests (about 45) to come to our house at 13.30 hour. There they got prosecco and cake.
Then the hired bus arrived and took us to the National Military Museum where we arrived at 15.00. I had prepared paper bags for everyone with drinks and candy. (like in the old days on a school trip ) On the bottom of the bag there was a sign which told them in what group they were. One of each group had an envelop with quiz questions about the museum and about DH and me. At 17.00 hour we went into the bus again which took us home. There we had an extensive hot and cold buffet and after that a dessert buffet. It ended about 21.00 hour. Everyone had a great time.

Me and my daughter

#81   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-11-2017, 09:22 PM
WC! Guide

Hails from Canada

Mike, I did plate my ike but dont ride when it is 34C wsay too hot, congrats on the new trial and best of all the new grandbaby
Connie, oh my what a fun party, congrats aain on you ranniversary.

Its possible to have an awesome life, but its up to ourselves to do it. RIL, Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting in Feb 2017. Sign up in the Schedule thread here .
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2017, 03:58 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Connie, what a lovely and unusual way to celebrate! The pics are lovely too, especially the one of you and your daughter (I thought she was you at first! - she looks like you!)

Muike, the best of luck with the trial - and congrats on the expected addition to the family - something really nice to look forward to.

Well, our ((mine!) - everything is still 'ours'!) second home is empty - as it came fully furnished we didn't have to move that! My b-in-l took his van down on Saturday so we could bring the garden furniture home and the rest of the bedding and kitchen stuff - there's always more than you think! He saved me a further three trips by car!
Then on Monday, the decorator came, so I spent Sunday empthying the lounge and dining rooms of furniture - emptying the big unit of glasses and ornaments and all the other stuff you pack away in such places so we could move it away from the walls. We're fortunatae to have a large room where all the other furniture could be moved to quite easily and my friend came over to help lift the heavier stuff ...... so I'm feeling a bit whacked at present!

.......and Mike - I've also upset the sun room by moving my easel and paints into there for the present - as that's the only room to relax in at the moment, it's well within sight and keeps calling!

We've had so much rain recently - 8 days ago, when dry, I started cutting the lawn - got half done and the rain started ...... it didn't stop until yesterday so today I cut the grass - which was very high and thick again, so thick it made the mower cut out and I had to recharge it to finish off ...... but it's done (and it's due to rain tonight!!!!!!!!!)

Bonnie - is your new caravan the kind we call 'tourers' because they are towed by cars and therefor mobile homes? Our son and d-i-l have a 17', twin axle one and are presently on holiday in it in the south of the country.
Our caravan/lodge was a larger version of a static caravan which, in the States, are (I think) called trailer homes? 42 feet by 14 and a fully equipped home.

We've had 2 lovely days here, around the 20C mark, so not too hot but with all the rain the plants and bushes are going wild - my cousin's s-i-l who normally cuts them has been hampered by the rain and I think I'm going to have to get at them myself - they're meeting across the paths and blocking me in!!!

Off to watch some tv - they're showing 'Outlander' ...... read the books and loved them!

PS - Dewi has had some surgery on her eyes and they're still sore I think though I hope they've removed the stirches by now so she's more comfortable.
Let's send her a few

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**My SAA website**
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2017, 03:14 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

great work again this weekend folks!

Connie.. that is quite the party! I noticed the family resemblance too

Maureen... must feel good to get everything moved. I will trade you some of your rain for some of this heat! although it is not bad today though ... 22 deg C

Definitely some good wishes and for Dewi. get well soon!!!

we had a little excitement here last night. our neighborhood has had a rash of break ins lately. Apparently, early this morning, someone was trying the door on one of the neighbors' houses and set their dog off. the gent saw the guy and got out his video camera. the guy came up and tried our front door but was locked. there was an amazon package for my daughter there though and he took that... while being video recorded. there wasn't much in the package except some cosmetics so not a big deal. my wife and daughter are at the police filing a report now. i guess we can tell the crook in the line up because he will have soft supple skin and eyeliner

Spike Milligan
  #84   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2017, 03:32 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Lol Mike! Glad he didn't get more and hope the Mounty gets his man!

It's 8.30pm and there's nothing on tv until another hour , programme delayed to accommodate athletics .... so I've been doing catch-up of wdes and listening to local radio .... lovely soothing music from my era ..... Sinatra, Jack Jones, Ella Fitzgerald, Matt Monroe and others .... nice to be able to hear their diction!! .... I can never make out what modern singers and groups are saying! ...... I know, I'm old!!..... so what!

With last night and tonight, I've managed last 3 wdes .... now for this week's!

**My SAA website**
  #85   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2017, 03:43 PM
A Local Legend
Calgary, AB

Hails from Canada

hey Maureen.. my daughter is 24 and she loves Sinatra. you are still thinking young!

glad you are getting caught up on the WDE's ... we are waiting...

Spike Milligan
  #86   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2017, 03:45 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hope to post tomorrow Mike ..... two are drawings, pencil, and I'm really rusty!

Peggy Lee and 'The folks who live on the hill' while I write this!

**My SAA website**
  #87   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:11 AM
WC! Guide

Hails from Canada

Lol Mike your humour makes my day

Super big for Dewi.

Maureen, our new "caravan" is indeed a mobile unit, it can be towed, but we have a permanent spot in a private campground, so dont have to tow or store it for winter, most camping spots here are seasonal so one would have to have winter storage for it) it is 26' long (tow type, not a 5th wheel) quite big enough for 2 of us, best part of camping for me is campfires and sitting out in the shade or early mornings with the birds at the feeders, squirrels and chipmunks squabbling over peanuts, or seeing deer on early morning walks. We have a nice shady secluded campsite.

It has been so hot and dry here, we have only had 1.5" of rain this year! We usually have rain in April and june, but only got a tiny bit in june, it took several weeks for my garden to germinate, but with watering every day and all this heat it is finally coming along (it has reached 35C several times in the past couple of weeks and continues on till at least the end of the month)
Does the heat bother you a lot Mike? My friend in calgary suffers a lot with the heat (she has had MS for over 20 yrs) i think you have had more rain than us.

I ran a couple trail runs this summer (way too hard, i prefer flatland) and last saturday it was SO hot, my running buddy suggested we dont run races in the summer any more (they dont start till 9-930am, and it is so hot by then) we normally run between 6-7am when we run on our own. Only one race left, the marathon in sept. So will just run for fun the next month.
We joined a hiking club, so that will be a better summer option for us i think

Keep well my painting buds

#88   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-17-2017, 12:38 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Sounds exhausting Bonnie and you'll need to make sure you don't dehydrate in that heat!
The caravan and site sound good so I hope you get to enjoy it.... it's big for a tourer,!
It's about 22 today and too hot for me to garden!

**My SAA website**