WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 02:41 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States
Re: Tex-scratch 2011

OK....So to catch up.....lets see.....
Yesterday was FANTASTIC! Before the workshop session started.....
Diane took us down to the Riverwalk which was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
The First Pics are.....well lets just say not of the workshop. They are.....well....I'm just gonna' say it and I am NEVER like this.....Some Pretty DAMN good pics! I have to say.....they are probably the best pics I have taken Anyway,,,,,just three then I'll get back to resizing.....I just took a mere 721 pics......before todays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a little snap happy

The Quiet and Shy Diane I loved her Laugh and her smile lit up the room. THANK YOU for everything you did to make this the GREAT Adventure it was I can't wait till next year when I come back....Yes I WILL BE BACK....I Love San Antonio!

Rod Man looking to the sky

Cathy in ONE of her Natural elements

I just wanted to put these up here to let ya all know it wasn't all "work" we took a few "Breaks" from our strenuous days of intense Stressful grueling hardcore training

I'm still awake

#62   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 03:06 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Ok....I've said it before....no one believed me....
NOW I HAVE PROOF!!!!!!!!
Look at the Zoom Lens...............NASA

I TOLD YA ALL!!!!!!!!!!

The River Walk.....

Cathy and Rod pullin off some KILLER "Catalog poses"....Work It!

He He He

Still AWAKE

#63   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 04:07 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

More More More
Who is that behind those Foster Grants? Why it's none other than Steff Our Voyage on the River Taxi

Look at that smile So do ya think Angela was havin a good time?

Angela, Steff and Diane enjoying the Beautiful scenery

What's up Rod? You lost your Black 1/4" in nipples? Ahhh....ok....can't help ya there Buddy!!!! Airbrush joke! actually a bottle of ink opened in his art bag.....needless to say he had a mess......oh... and he never did get his nipples........

Folks....only a couple more tonight....gotta get up early to get to the airport

#64   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 04:38 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Ok....back to the grueling hard work of the demos
Rod doin a demo with the Airbrush on a white board. No plan.....just goin to town Texas style.....Go big or go home Cowboy

I think everyone was just a little interested......
(Elyse, Diane, Surbhi, Teri)

Did you all know we were gonna have a Special Guest Demo? Well we did and she was AWESOME.....let me introduce you to Sally Maxwell She was kind enough to show us her show van (JEALOUS!), speak with Cathy about effective ways to plan your personal art marketing, and did a demo using Pitt markers on whiteboard. I learned a lot....and I mean A LOT! Thank you Sally for coming and sharing the techniques and info

Sally and Cathy discussing marketing.....Man that really made me think about the direction and choices I need to make in my artistic life. Hopefully others found it as facinating as I did GREAT INFO!!!

Cathy's listening.....but those "buckey's" I think were talking to her louder ( I think they were called Buckeys....I was too hopped up on the surgar rush from them to remember! )
What are Buckey's you ask? We have no real Idea....they are like a carmel popcorn kernel got together with a cheese puff and what resulted was a no cheese, cheese puff coated with a surgery caramelized coating of addictive goodness in a bag.

a few more? OK.....Man you guys......You're worth it I guess

#65   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 04:48 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

WHAT THE DUCK?!?!?!

How did this little guy get in here??????
Oh yeah....He was swimming along the river at the Riverwalk.....couldn't resist snapping a pic of him

Ok.....back to resizing.............

#66   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 05:04 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Ok....last batch for whatever day this is yesterday, today, heck it might even be tomorrow! I don't know!
Hope you like what you've seen so far and just think.....when this takes place next year.......YOU could be in pics like this......IF YOU GO!!!!!

Elyse giving her Zentangle Demo....It was cool!

#67   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Ok...technical issues.....hope I can post a few more....
You all heard about the Burrito? No?
WELLLLLLLLLLLL Let me tell you what!
The portions here are NOT like they are at home that's for sure! If I lived down here I think I would be just a Little heavier
I ordered a Fajita Burrito Double Sloppy (with enchilada sauce and melted cheese="Double Sloppy") You know....thay should have examples of their sizes on display for stupid out of state visitors!!!! I mean a full sized burrito should not weigh as much as a newborn!

Well I was raised that if food is put in front of you......you have to finish it or you can't leave the table.........so.........
fork after fork......mouthful after mouthful.....I trudged my way through it....forcing bite after bite until.......alas an end was in sight!

Well.....There you go......wait......my plate ain't clean!

The guy behind me.......

That had to be one of the best Burritos I have ever had!!!!
I was gonna have desert but I decided I'd skip it...Gotta watch my weight....you know so I'll look good in my Speedo!

#68   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 05:58 AM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

Okay Allan...you're forgiven and not fired. You did an awesome job keeping us informed and GREAT photos!! @Cathy and Rod, the models!

Hi Sally, nice to meet you! And Diane, too! Really good stuff Allan...thank you! Oh, and I am planning on being there next year!

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

Thanks for posting them good pics Allan. Good boy!! Licking your plate!! You'll have to do a few workshops to blow those calories away!
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 06:01 AM
A WC! Legend
Burns Lake, British Columbia

Hails from Canada

we cross posted...OMG the size of that thing!! The only burritos I've ever had fit in my hand!!

Lorna Hannett.com
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 06:10 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Lesley....I tried doing a demo....but it had to be cut short....we ran out of time. That's OK with me....I was shaking so badly because of being in front of all those Awesome artist I probably would have trashed the board! I got a few good minutes in....hopefully with some good info
Next time.....I'll take a muscle relaxer first!

Lorna the only hand that Friggin' Burrito would fit in is Sasquatch's!!!!!
Did I mention how good it was? I did? Well it was!!! Next time though.....I'll order a half! Hey......I'll split it with ya!

#72   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 06:15 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Lorna I forgot to mention.....Rod and Cathy weren't posing! I was way far away and got them with my 300 lens. They didn't even know they were being photographed!

#73   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Enthusiast
Houston, TX

Hails from United States

Okay - my link didn't work but I just googled and it's there. Google Scratchboard Workshop in San Antonio, click on a first day link and you'll see the current list (25 or 30). No editing so what you see and hear is what we saw and heard. The link I sent may have been to the one we deleted because we had duplicated. Somebody please check and let me know. This is all new to us and while certain other people MAY have toured a traditional Texas Ice House Sheba was glued to the computer.
San Antonio is a lovely old southwest city. It is hard to comprehend that 160+ years ago the view outside my hotel was a prairie surrounding the battle of the Alamo a block away.
WOW! Just experienced my first hotel fire alarm. Amazing. It is not fun to try to walk down 9 flights of stairs with canes, a Pekingese and Sheba's heart condition. Fortunately we could come back up on the elevator.
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 07:24 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

I checked it out and there was a TON of them there!!!!

AWESOME SHEBA!!!!!!!!!!!!:cl ap:
THANK YOU!!!!
try this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdhYs2i3rzY

I'm glad you two are OK over there! 9 Flights is a lot of stairs!!!!

#75   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Lord of the Arts
australia

Hails from Australia

Wow. and Wow. Been watching some of these videos. The best education ever on scratchboard in the world. Will be watching more tomorrow. You guys rock for sharing all this. So absorbing