WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Lord of the Arts
Idaho, USA

Hails from United States
Indy Workshop- July 8-11

Anyone decided when the next WORKSHOP is going to be? We scratch addicts need to get together for some therapy soon - I'm getting withdrawal symptoms as I missed out on the Indy and CO ones. And Harold did say he was going to organize something again......

C&C Always welcome
jennyetches.weebly.com
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Edmonton, AB Canada

Re: Workshop???

I for one would LOVE to come out to a scratch workshop put on by all my heros of this site Count me in where ever it is!!!
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Edmonton, AB Canada

I for one would LOVE to come out to a scratch workshop put on by all my heroes of this site Count me in where ever it is!!!
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Enthusiast
Loveland, OH.

Hails from United States

Please oh pleaseohplease. and soon!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 PM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

Jenny, I really didn't say that I was going to organize anything, What I said was that I wanted to see how much interest there might be in a two or three day workshop. A chance to get together and share some scratch techniques when we might have more time to try them out and absorb the information. There seemed to be some interest but also a split in where to hold the workshop, here in Columbia, where we would most likely have to rent a place to use or in Indianapolis, where it might be less of an expense if we took Mary up on her generous offer to use her printshop as we did at the Indy show. The expense was one thing and the other split was just which place would be handiest for the majority of people to come to. Another thing was the best time to have one. Quite a few different opinions. If it were in Indy I don't feel like I could organize much of anything for there. I would enjoy taking part in one either way but don't know if we could come to an agreement on where and when.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-17-2010, 07:10 AM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

I WAS going to try to put something together if enough people were interested in doing it but I was a bit reluctant to commit to it unless we could get a decent amount of participants. I also thought it would need several participants that would be willing to share their techniques with everyone to make it work. I thought it would be a good time for everyone to socialize and learn something at the same time. I don't think that there has been a workshop like this with the level of talent that this forum has to offer before except short ones at the two shows.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-17-2010, 08:44 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Uruguay

I'm sure I would be "IN" at about any location. Of course if Mary's offer
stands.... I would do all I could to make it happen. iPhone? I can pit folks up at the house like last time. Should be able to get the travel trailer set up in the drive to handle a couple extra. This would save some money for visitors. Here's another idea..... We might offer a workshop to interested artist for say.....4 hrs? Charge them a lil something. The rest of the time would be all ours. This might get some more people scratch'n. This also might get some more artist into Mary's place of business. Even a mini weekend show? The artist just bringing the art with them. I'm open to any and all idea's.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 AM
A Local Legend
Mid Missouri

Hails from United States

I like the sound of that Rod. Indy is a great place. It's only 6 hours drive from Columbia, interstate 70 all the way, so not that far from here. Dibs on your place. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of opening it up for a few hours and if everyone brought some artwork of theirs we could have our own show and tell. What does anyone else think?
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 12:57 AM
A WC! Legend
Adelaide, South Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbonzo
What does anyone else think?
I think you all live a stinking rotten long way away from me!!
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 05:02 AM
A Local Legend
Metamora, Illinois

Hails from United States

Well if you're gonna twist my arm....I Guess I could sacrifice a day or two or three or four or five.....
Indy sounds GOOOOOOOD to me....only 4 or so hours away!
How's this weekend sound?
If'in you'll have me, I'd crash at Rod's as well

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 06:29 AM
Enthusiast
Loveland, OH.

Hails from United States

Indy is awesome for me...I grew up there. Staying obviously not an issue, but home's only about a 2 hour drive anyway!
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 AM
A Local Legend
Colorado

Hails from United States

I would be up for Indy too- but depends when (not in early/mid September or early May for me) it would be (July or early August work best for me at this point! I am SO busy I hope I would be able to make it!!). I think a mini-workshop for the public with a small charge sounds linteresting as well. I am happy to demo whatever people wanted.

Check out the new International Society of Scratchboard Artists!

Last edited by Crias : 02-18-2010 at 01:19 PM.
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Edmonton, AB Canada

I know I pretty new to the scratch board group but I would love to come out and watch the masters work I live in Edmonton, Ab Canada but if I had enough notice I think I could make it happen I'll be keeping my fingers crossed !!! I accidently found the demo videos on youtube and thats what made me go out and buy some boards and give it a try so maybe being in the same room as you guys watching you do your thing is seriously putting a huge smile on my face
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Lord of the Arts
Idaho, USA

Hails from United States

Sorry Harold - didn't mean to 'upset' you as you're the last person I'd talked to about it - thought it was a good idea to get everyone thinking about it again! Just can't wait to have a big get-together as Allan gave such a good commentary on the Alamosa show and got me twitching again - I wanted to kick myself for missing that one!!!!!

C&C Always welcome
jennyetches.weebly.com
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2010, 10:28 AM

Hails from United States

I'm more than happy to offer my studio space for workshop... other than a wedding I have to attend the weekend of May 22nd... my calendar is open.

For those traveling on a budget, there is a youth hostel in Indianapolis
http://www.indyhostel.us/

iphone
http://heartlandprintworks.com/