WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Enthusiast

Website image ideas?

A friend and I are working on an art website. We are sort of overwhelmed at the limitless options for displaying the artworks.

Any suggestions/ideas for the setup of the pages--as far as how to arrange the layout with thumbnails/large images?

We are going for clean, minimal, simple, modern. Don't want to incorporate anything extra at all (like Flash, Java, or whatever). Just very clean and straightforward.

Thanks for any solutions on an elegant, efficient way to arrange imagery. Have looked at a lot of templates, but they always seem to be lacking.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-19-2009, 05:18 AM
A Local Legend

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Website image ideas?

Keep looking at templates. I like pages with thumbnails (quick loading) where your click will make a bigger image appear within the page (no new screen).

Just keep looking and do search on Google for "image gallery"
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-20-2009, 07:00 PM
St. Louis, Mo - USA

Hails from United States

Here's one idea - just CSS:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/cs...image-gallery/

I would recommend Jalbum (lots of customizable galleries), but I think a lot of them use Javascript.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 AM
NY

Hails from United States

There are so many options in website design programs that it's easy to spend hours clicking through them and never get anywhere. You may have already created it by now, but if not then I would suggest if you want something simple and clean believe it or not a white background generally works well. Once you get a few things on the page it doesn't look empty but clean and helps enhance the things you want the viewers to see without the extra junk to sway the eye somewhere else.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast
north by northwest

Hails from England

I like your attitude "keeping it simple" and to the point , there are loads of examples out there , find a site you like and copy it and meld it to your own requirements . when its done post it here for us to look at !