Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** DAILY WASH Saturday June 15th – 2019 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

:wave:

Good afternoon all. What a glorious day here, it was supposed to be a big rain, but none happened, which is good as the walk with the relief Society was fabulous. Not hot, sunny and a lot of fun. We walked 4.1km

The sunrise this morning was magnificent!

This is 6.30am :)

Ellen, that is a hoot at your pot luck. Here, everyone turns up with cheese and crackers. :lol:

Char Alans reaction was way over the top, and even he laughed about it today. He changed his bandaid at work, because he wanted to see how bad it was, and made it bleed again, he told me. I have asked him to leave the darn plaster alone for a couple of days to allow the wound to knit.
    I am well aware of the dangers of cutting oneself whilst taking blood thinners, and don’t think it is comical, but his reaction was just ………………. Oh well….

I am so very sorry about Teds prognosis, my heart breaks for both of you..

Doug, so glad Ruths first cataract has been a success!

Lynn I hope you are not owie when it’s time to go camping xx

Knee pain. I started taking powdered gelatin and the pain went away, never to return. It’s been 20 years.

Thanks Tracy!

Just got a message from Tania , she wants to take me shopping. Wow I sure am going to get a workout today :lol: She is picking me up to go to DFO.[/URL]

Love and hugs to all.

:grouphug: :heart: :grouphug:

JJ
    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
    MY BLOG
    My Youtube videos

Good morning all, a bright overcast morning here. I slept reasonably well, about 5 hours.

That’s an amazing sunrise photograph JJ.

Nothing much planned, maybe a little catch up shopping.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Not a bad night,for me, sleepwise.

Dry at moment,off to market.

Some Canadians may be interested that our local airport is celebrating Mynarski Day today with unveiling of a memorial,representatives of Moose Squadron have flown in.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Lulu

Evening all….
            Has been a lovely Saturday here, nice and mild.
            Busyish in the house, cleaning, clearing, packing stuff.

Tonight while John is flicking between cricket and rugby i am doing some italiano revision.
            Very enjoyable way of stretching the brain-cells. With enough repetition some of it sticks! Like line-dancing lol
            Have to say that i find learning in a class so much better than doing it solo. So much more than language, and a bonus of regional baking!
            As i was tidying one of the bookshelves i found an Italian phrase book and dictionary that i had bought prior to our first visit.
            Very handy!

Expecting cooler weather next week so have turned on the underfloor heating in some of the rooms. Every room has individual controls so will work our way through the house. Dont need to use it often but have to be sure that it is all working as it should. Next electricity bill will be enough to turn it all off again lol

My sister is now in Vancouver with an old school friend. Will be pleased to have her home this time next week!

Have a good weekend everyone.
            :wave:

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Hi Geoff, hi Lulu.

When I was learning German and French prior to visiting our twin towns I used a series of cassettes in the car on the drive to work – “Drive in German” and “Drive in French”. It was great for training my ear. I also used to study the German/English and French/English Dictionaries. I was surprised how much the two languages had in common with English.

Doug

Bill

Good day all,

JJ, lovely sunrise! Mine is overcast.
                Radar shows that storms are north and south of us…that’s a good thing for us.

Seems most of us slept well.

Ms. Feral happily fed and petted and now on her upper pad keeping watch.

Not sure what I’ll be able to do today,
                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good Morning all,
                It is 6:15 a.m. here in overcast but getting light Oakwood. No birdsong this morning yet.

We are meeting Kari at her new house this morning. She wants to show it to us before it gets filled with moving boxes. They will be moving as much as they can with their cars after working all day. Then their friends will help them pack a truck to move their big things. They have the house they are in now until the end of the month so will stay there until they get it finished.

She said she is feeling much better, almost 90% back to normal from her pneumonia. :D

On the way home we’ll stop off at Meijer’s to pick up some things I need to make Larry’s special dinner tonight — filet mignon in a cream sauce. Kari’s coming over for lunch tomorrow for Father’s Day and I’ll make a Turkish lamb dish with pita bread for that meal. :D

JJ, lovely photo!

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Lulu

Yes Doug, same with Italian, e.g. a banana is ….a banana !
                    I do word associations a lot for learning and putting it all together in a s l o w conversation is where i am currently at.
                    I have a close friend who is fluent in the language so as soon as she is home from her wanderings will be having frequent ‘chats’.

Does anyone use casettes these days?? Our car doesnt even have a cd player! I listen to music or books via the car app.
                    How quickly technology changes!

Nite all.

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

Bill

Lulu, In the area in which I taught school, there were many children of Italian immigrants who grew up bi-lingual. So, one could walk through the halls of school hearing Italian conversations. Some told me that when visiting Mexico, they were able to understand Spanish as it has many similarities.
                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Bill, My French Grandmother Louise spoke fluent English and Italian. She could converse with my Spanish Uncle as well or at least understand him when he spoke Spanish. I wish I had inherited her linguistic abilities. :D

I wish riding my stationery bike would be as successful helping my knee as your friends was his. Unfortunately, several years ago I had a torn meniscus (like Larry) and they mustn’t have had the kinds of injections they have now a days. The doctor told me it was too soon for a knee replacement, so I learned to live with it and the arthritis that followed. I get along pretty well, but do take my time on the stairs (which we have two sets of in our home).

Lulu, I taught English as a Second Language to Italians when we were stationed in Italy. It was fun because I couldn’t speak much Italian, but the course was to be taught completely in American English so it was OK. I had students ranging in age from high school to adult.

:wave: to all again, time to make breakfast.

SYL,

Sylvia

Good Morning… it’s raining lightly, but that puts a damper on any outside chores… *groan*

I’m going to bake an angel food cake today because it is a dessert that doesn’t spike Ted’s sugar. I’ll also make a strawberry sauce from the last of my frozen berries. I may run out and get some fresh, though. Then, I’ll make my homemade ice cream. All this will be in celebration of Father’s Day for tomorrow.

I’m feeling kind of light headed this morning… almost head achey. I don’t know why. I’ll have my coffee (freshly brewed) and then try a piece of toast to see if that helps.

I could get the laundry out of the way so I don’t have to worry about it tomorrow. I’m hoping for sunshine tomorrow. I’d like to barbeque the hamburgers and chicken. The Kids and Simon will be here for Ted’s special day.

I’ve ordered a compression t-shirt for Ted. His incision site is still problematic and his muscles ache. He does have a binder, but it’s just to heavy and uncomfortable for him. I also bought some milk thistle which is supposedly a liver restorative. It can’t hurt.

I didn’t work in the Studio yesterday, but I’ll definitely get down there today. I need to wax some paintings, mount some studies and wrap some canvases. Woman’s work is never done.

Darla, it’s been a tough year to get the garden work done. It must be especially difficult for you and Larry trying to do it while working. :(

What a really pretty morning sky, JJ!

Doug, I try my best to avoid shopping on Saturday! Best of luck fighting the crowds. :)

Geoff, since the Moose is a tactical fighting squad, are you expecting us to invade? :)

Lulu, my eldest son is a Paramedic in Vancouver. Your Sister will enjoy that city… I hope she gets to Stanley Park. And the Aquarium.

Working in Mexico for three years, I was able to understand Spanish and began speaking it… I found it much like French. The etymological roots are quite similar, I think.

Bill, I hope those storms don’t converge! :eek:

Sylvia, it’ll be a busy but happy time for Kari! Your Father’s Day menu sounds yummy!

Coffee’s not helping so I’m going to make some toast. In the meantime, I wish the very best possible for everyone! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

:wave: Sunny here but clouding over now, forcast is for rain so it will probably rain for our trip to son’s house for dinner tonight. Lovely fresh air, though! We will celebrate father’s day and GGD’s birthday, most likely with a barbeque. My DIL is the queen of the grill!

Brain is in low gear this morning, I’ll just say hugs to all of us with aches and pains, and I hope we all have the best day possible :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                        www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                        "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

shipbroker

Char,not now, but in 1944 they were based here at Middleton St.George,known to them as Goosepool, full Canadian Squadron on Lancasters….which is where Mr Mynarski earned his posthumous Victoria Cross. The one remaining Lancaster in Canada is named for him.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good morning. We are under bad weather watch for the next 24 hours again. Repeat of last weekend.

We had a wonderful lunch with our cousin. She had a rocky youth and has slowly turned her life around. There is a lot of alcoholism in the maternal branch of John’s family, and she finally figured out that she was following the same path and is breaking the cycle. She married married her long-time beau who treats her like a princess, and she is just glowing and a picture of good health these days.

At dinner last night, we ran into one of my retired coworkers. We talked for a while. She wondered why I am not attending the retirement gatherings. I explained that I cannot eat the food, and I usually have conflicts with the dates. It was nice to see her again. After dinner, we went to the small Walmart grocery store to pick up a few things. I bought baby back ribs to make for dinner tonight, and we will have NY strip steaks for dinner tomorrow. Like Char, I avoid the stores on the weekend.

Char, You seem to have the house up and running back to a new normal. :grouphug: Ted :grouphug: I read an article about a study of people with Ted’s liver problem in diabetics. They found a high protein diet helped to reverse some of the damage. I will try to find it again.

Sylvia, Great news that Kari’s medicine has kicked in, and she is feeling better. I was able to get the shots in my knees for the arthritis a few years ago. You should check with the orthopedic doctors at the base. I bet they can help you get around easier.

Off to go eat breakfast. Today’s excitement includes doing my laundry that I skipped doing yesterday. I did, however, get some major design aspects created and glued into the Cafe last night. I also mounted it onto a wooden base which I should have done when I started the project.

:wave: BBL

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Made lunch, topped up the groceries and bought ant killer as we seem to have the start of an invasion. Strangely the supermarket was half empty Char, with plenty of parking spaces.

It has been sunny on and off all day.

Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.