Home Forums The Learning Center Student’s Dorm What course would I take?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Harmony24

I love art. But I am having trouble deciding what courses I should take (and in what college?) in order to be able to expand my horizons with the goal of having art as a profession. I enjoy realism, portraiture, and am interested in creating covers for juvenile books. Digital design is also an intriguing profession.

I have been advised by a family member to have digital design as a main profession and keep my art as a side job. “Art won’t pay the bills,” they say.

Here’s what I think about art not paying the bills: I love what I do. I would sell everything I own if it means I could continue doing art.

What would you advise me to do?

"As artists, it is our job to show people the world from a different set of eyes." C&C's always welcome!

La_

you could:
            practice, a lot, pencils and digital
            start [or continue] doing portraits for people, sell a few, get your name out there as a good portrait artist.
            take a business course – always useful to have a clue about business, for your own operation or for working for someone else, business is universal.

la

Harmony24

Thanks :) Gives me an idea of when to start when I reach college.

"As artists, it is our job to show people the world from a different set of eyes." C&C's always welcome!

lumusislight

Originally Posted by [B]Harmony24[/B]
                    [SIZE=1]@[URL=https://thetermpapers.org/][COLOR=black]thetermpapers[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
                    I love art. But I am having trouble deciding what courses I should take (and in what college?) in order to be able to expand my horizons with the goal of having art as a profession. I enjoy realism, portraiture, and am interested in creating covers for juvenile books. Digital design is also an intriguing profession.

I have been advised by a family member to have digital design as a main profession and keep my art as a side job. “Art won’t pay the bills,” they say.

Here’s what I think about art not paying the bills: I love what I do. I would sell everything I own if it means I could continue doing art.

[SIZE=3]What would you advise me to do?[/SIZE]

New Masters Academy has pretty good reviews, but I haven’t tried it. A great plus is that they have a 7-day free trial and you may cancel it anytime. The Standard learning plan is $39 and the Premium one is $49.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.