Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mirjami

hi to all!
        i have been more in the watercolor-side of the forum, but just realised that here is also separately a forum for animal and wildlife – and that suites me well, as i mostly draw animals – especially birds :)
        I started around a year and half ago to paint with watercolors, after having a really long break with traditional art and working only as an digital illustrator (maybe 12 years?). Now, after a year of painting, im so hooked that is sometimes hard to concentrate to work when i would just love to paint..! :)
        I will share my latest bird that i finished yesterday, happens to be a toucan i recently photographed and i felt so inspired by its colours.

smudged-blue

Beautiful painting. Love your style.

Sonia.
            My photos available as reference
            "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw.

Gorgeous!

Christel

Ellis Ammons

Nice! I was thinking about getting into watercolor for underpainting colored pencils. The watercolor forum has the most traffic on the site. I wonder why it’s so much more popular than other mediums.

Check out my work in the acrylics Hall of Fame Camellia WIP
                oil and acrylic paintings..

Very nice. The colours are lovely.

Penny
                I live in Wiltshire, England
                “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Triduana

Hi Mirjami, welcome to our corner of the forum. Thanks for posting your work here and hope you join us again :wave:

Your toucan is lovely. Lovely clean colours and nice detail in those wing feathers.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

fedetony

beautiful… !you made me smile :)

Federico Garcia
                        My Blog
                        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

I love the freshness of the colours you have used, never overworked, neither far too mixed, a lovely painting. :-)

Watercolour Wildlife Site: https://devonartist.co.uk/
                        FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/thedevonartistpaul
                        Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/TheDevonArtist
                        YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDevonArtist

Mirjami. Lovely to have you with us on this forum. A very warm welcome to you. Your painting is delicate and very beautiful. I love the sofe , peaceful style you have. Looking forward to more of your work.

Chammi
                        My Blog/WIP's and Tips: Chammi's Art Escapades

water girl

This is quite lovely. Your control of the medium is evident.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Equus Art

Lovely use of light and such a soft touch with your watercolor palette. Love this!

Cat

Cat Choyce ~ Artistic Hand Studio
                                http://www.cathychoyce.com

Boafamily

Wonderful colors and the composition and fade to the center are dead on.

SnapV

This is very pretty ☺️

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

Mirjami

Thank you all for your nice and encouraging comments! I feel very welcomed, and will surely keep posting! :) hopefully i can also join the challenges, I’m excited of this forum and all the inspiration other talented artists share :)

Welcome to the Animal & Wildlife Forum! :wave:
                                            What a beautiful watercolor of the Toucan! I love your painting style! Hope to see more artwork here from you :thumbsup:

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.