Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects "What Are You Working On?" MarchApril 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Triduana

Continuing from here :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Triduana

I’ve painted one of the challenges for March, already (the advantage of being the host). I have to decide which of the others to do, so nothing started, yet.

That’s cheating :lol: :lol:

I’ve made my “to-do list” for the month:
            * The landscape painting I was hoping to start last month
            * The A&W challenge
            * The Plant Parade challenge – purple flowers this month – my favourite colour of flower to paint (after pink)
            * A submission for a big exhibition happening over summer – I have until May for this one but I want to start it early. I may have to delay this one though as it involves sketching outdoors and it’s far too snowy :lol:

So who else is busy? :wave:

So long, and thanks ...

You look busy, Kay! I am working on a coloured pencil portrait of my sister. I’ve finished one of the A&W challenges and am deciding whether to do another. I will take a look at the Watermedia challenge, too, to use the new watercolours I’m getting.

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

KayM – Many thanks for starting a new Thread, Kay.
            I like your “to do” list! I should write one of those myself!

Penny – your portrait looks as if its coming along well. You could post the ref photo if you would like help on it?

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Ok, Viv, thanks. I realise it’s not very proficient but it’s practise. I am layering the skin and then need to make it sharper. I will look out the photo.

Penny
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

I may start again.😁. I don’t think I have a likeness. I will try the grid method, I think.

Penny

Started the snake.

Penny

Deciding what medium to use. 🤔

Penny

SunsetSue

This is what is on my easel. It is a commission. He would like loons in the water and his dog on the shoreline. Suggestions for placement and improvements. This was done from very old photos.

Sue Ellen Cowan[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'keefe

Triduana

Penny – wow, great work on all those scales. I liked the snake photo a lot, for those hot orange colours.

My challenge painting is done, I tried another quick painting but I don’t think painting quickly suits me, I keep trying but I’m never happy with the result.

Sue – lovely scene, I love those trees. I imagine the dog on the bank moving towards the building, and the loons in the lower left corner, to break up the water area. I’m sure others will have more suggestions! Please keep us updated on what you do, it’s going to look good. :)

So long, and thanks ...

Yes, I agree with Kay, sue, birds in the lower left will balance against the building. If the dog is on the shoreline, it will be rather small. It would show up more in the foreground in the water.

Yes, Kay, lots of scales – it should keep me busy. I really like the colours, too. Some paintings happen quickly, but others I have to think about.

Penny

pcj

My dog ‘Flapper’
                        9″ X 12″ charcoal on Canson’s pastel paper.
                        Framed under non-glare glass.
                        Patricia

A lovely expressive drawing. I like it a lot.

Penny

pcj

Work In Progress.
                            My other dog ‘Rufus’
                            Charcoal on 9″ X 12″ Canson’s pastel paper.
                            Patricia

Good start, Patricia.😎

Penny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.