Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    contumacious

I think it is time that I start using some higher quality frames for my gallery pieces. I am currently using stuff from the bigger art supply sources that I like the looks of quite a bit, but many of them are literally falling apart over time, mainly large gaping cracks appearing in the mitered corners, not to mention that often they arrive damaged to the point that I can’t use them and have to send them back. My favorite looking made in Mexico 9×12 frame is costing me $25 on sale. I am not jumping up to $300 – $600 hand carved stuff, but more in the $60 to $100 range for a 9×12.

I have read some good reviews of the Omega Gallery Frames that are available from a few vendors in that price range. They have carved or molded closed corners and filled / covered miter joints that give the look of a much higher dollar custom frame. Have any of you tried them? If so, do they hold together well with no cracks appearing in the miters later? They all ship in individual boxes which should help eliminate cosmetic and structural damage from handling and shipping.

contumacious

This being one of the slowest forums in all of WC, not surprisingly, there is no activity on this thread.

The same topic over in the Oils / Technical forum has quite a bit of information and several responses if you are interested.

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1440637

RaphaelG1

You are correct, Contumacious…. this Forum gets very little attention and I don’t understand why?? It’s one of my favorites.
                I’m still in the “Inexpensive Frame” market and found a site on eBay where I purchase them.
                Good Luck finding the frames you are looking for.

Ralph
                "Oh what dust we raise" said the fly upon the chariot wheel

contumacious

[SIZE=3]You are correct, Contumacious…. this Forum gets very little attention and I don’t understand why?? It’s one of my favorites.
                    I’m still in the “Inexpensive Frame” market and found a site on eBay where I purchase them.
                    Good Luck finding the frames you are looking for.
                    [/SIZE]

Thanks!

I am in the process of ordering some sample frames. Also, I have added quite a bit more information to my other post over in Oils / Technical in the link above.

bongo

[SIZE=3]You are correct, Contumacious…. this Forum gets very little attention and I don’t understand why?? It’s one of my favorites

One thing that doesn’t help is when you take time to give a thoughtful response, even doing a bit of research and linking to references,etc….. then the original poster is never heard of again. Just a simple < thanks> or, < you're full of it> anything! Not looking for a parade or flowers, just an acknowledgment of message received would be enough. Otherwise after a while you feel you’re just talking to yourself.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/18-Sep-2019/1999899-sigsmall.jpg
                        STUDIOBONGO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.