WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Landscapes
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2017, 03:50 AM
Veteran Member

Re: beach

I second what Brad is saying,Caroline.
Dave
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2017, 02:13 PM
A Local Legend
Highlands of Scotland

Hails from Scotland

Hello Patricia, many thanks indeed. I also like the way the second painting is developing and it still has a bit more to do to the sky. I took the photo late in the day almost the evening and there is a much better blue in the painting that the cool colour in the sky at present. But I agree with you and Archie that it does need more warmth. Thank you to you Archie for alerting me to the sky. I must say I really did need a fresh eye on the work for sure so I am very glad of the great help from my friends here on WetCanvas.

Hi Derek, many thanks for your insight. It is fascinating to keep pushing forward and making those changes. I am still not done with the painting and want to keep going with it.

Hi Brad many thanks indeed for all of your help here. I often wish there was an undo button I could press when painting as often a painting can look nice and then I go and spoil it by overworking or just making changes that were not necessary. I think the painting you posted is very nice and moody. I do want to try and paint some bright white clouds and make a day of much better weather. I have also started another painting and will have a go of cloud work in that too. Thank you Dave!
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Lord of the Arts
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi Caroline. Far be it for me to make any suggestions but I think I know what you are after. The changes you make are a great start. The only thing left that I might do it get some of that dramatic light onto the landscape on the left. I wouldn't over do it, just enough to pull the whole thing together.

Brian
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2017, 03:20 AM
Remote - South Australia

Hails from Australia

Caroline, I second Brads comment, thats all I can say hope this helps.