WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Airbrush
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 06:26 AM
Enthusiast

Re: best airbrush for fantasy and portrait work

The German company that made those splatter caps was "Hansa Aero Pro" I have no idea where they are as that was about 24 years ago...lol
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 07:21 PM
WC! Guide
Germany

Hails from Germany

You know what makes a diffused pattern too, loosing a bit the nozzle cap... Don't fill your recipient cause it bubbles back also... No special nozzle needed
Yap Hansa was bought by H&S , that is the airbrush I have...
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-23-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbrush_ken
Really..you just pasted the same question ...
"I want to be able to master both portrait work for airbrush and also create fantasy art work like magic the gathering with the airbrush."
1) Are professionally trained in illustration work or fine art?
*** You need to realize there is no different in the techniques used for fantasy or portrait work, when it comes to airbrush skill levels.

"use the airbrush fro background work - however I would like to eventually only need to use the air brush to paint completed works."
1) For background work a simple Paasche Mdl H would work fine. I set up Disney Background Artist some 20 odd years ago with the "H" and a Sparmax 250 Twin Cylinder compressor. A couple got VL's with #1 tip/needle sets. Personally I have 12 airbrushes at my work station, but for the most part I used 7 different mdls, 4 different brands; EFBE, Paashe, Sparmax and Iwata.

"the HP-C plus is a workhorse standard "
1) I was the iwata service agent years ago and that statement is news to me. I think it has more to do with your location on the planet when it comes to brands, as several companies make great brushes. The choice has more to do with availability of spare parts, price, action type (single, dual, progressive) internal and external mix and most important; the feel of the brush in your hand... keep in mind you will be holding it many hours a day.

"11 by 14 for portrait and 18 by 24 for fantasy style art work "
1) The final print size usually determine the artwork size. Such as I used A-5 board for book markers as a sample. Magazine images and center folds I usually used A3 or A4 CS10 (no longer for sale...I have got a few boxes for my own stock).

As a final note I have ran workshops, classes and seminars for professional artists and illustrators till about 13 years ago, (wounds from Vietnam caught up with me) so I retired from full time work and now work from my studio.
To reach the level of skill to produce quality professional level work takes years of pratice, but the finish results can be great.

Here is a sample of one of my students from the late 90's, this was an Illustration for a "Computer Gaming" magazine and done on A3. At that point in time, the computer work wasn't the quality (yet) of a good illustrator. His name was Jamie Tuffrey.

I know I'm super late for this conversation but that motorcycle one of your students draw looks fantastic! Just by looking at the picture alone gives me some sort of 80's or 90's vibe. It really has a cyberpunk feel to it and it reminds me a bit of the motorcyle from the anime movie Akira, which came out in 1988. Don't know if you've heard of the movie, but this one is what really defined the cyberpunk genre for me.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-12-2017, 09:37 PM

I have just purchased " efbe Hannover Airbrush. Does anyone can help me with a manual, or, where to find an online .. Note it is both gravity and syphon...
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 PM
Tasmania, Australia

Hails from Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishopll
I have just purchased " efbe Hannover Airbrush. Does anyone can help me with a manual, or, where to find an online .. Note it is both gravity and syphon...

Have you tried the EFBE website?

http://www.efbe-airbrush.de/start_e.htm

I may be wrong but I don't think the Hannover is the Airbrush model as there are references on the website that the airbrush is manufactured in Hannover.

Also the German version of the website states that Wolfgang retired, so finding spare parts may be an issue as spare parts were only available from the manufacturer till the end of 2015.