WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#121   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States
Re: Bathers - WIP

Faces in the water!! What faces in the water! LOL, Violet! I'm just having a bit of fun with you...don't take offense, please! No faces were intended but if that's what you see, great! Just adds to the interest, imo!
I know her face is not perfect, too, but I'm not sure if I'm going to go back into it or not at this point. Tomorrow, I may look at this and decide I have to...but that's tomorrow, lol!
Anyhow, here it is and I'm thinking this is it, barring anything else I end up doing to it! Ha!

Full image and details to follow

ETSY FACEBOOK FAA EPILOGUE
  #122   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2010, 10:52 PM
A Local Legend
Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

love those details too !!!! ...

#123   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 PM
A Local Legend
Oregon Coast

Hails from United States

Kudos Kerry for bringing this up to new levels, changes made are really supportive to the story and composition...leave the face alone...it reads well enough, and maybe that race has small noses....in fact done I'd say... the details make a fun addition to keep looking deeper and the general mood of happy life seals it....lucky collector who has it to live with...

Now what's next?
  #124   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 01:21 AM

Thumbs up Re: Bathers - WIP

Dearest Kerry & All who have followed this Fantasy WIP, Thank you for all your views & comments on this now Excellent oil painting by Kerry. Kerry, your additions of more lilly pads, a turtle, green grass, the beautiful Blue blouse of hers (Not him) LOL! And what I was thinking about a couple of days ago...a Dragon fly or two. Her face is fine! All in all an exceptional commission! Kudos to you!!! ***I do have one favor to ask you before this painting is done. I hope you understand. The Male has a mane & we know the female has one but do not see any of it. Would you give us a glimps of one by putting some strands at her lower back laying over her withers(her left side) with a few brush strokes. Nothing too big, just a few strands. I would ever so much appreciate it.*** Such a bountiful collection of scenery & live creatures! Detail, Detail, & more Detail! YOU are amazing!!! We will start the NEW commission on Sept. 1st. if you like, allowing you some time to rest & us collaborating on what we want in the new painting. Everyone look...Kerry will have a NEW WIP soon! My ever lasting gratitude for your diligent work, Kerry! I AM SO proud! My Sincerest & profound congratulations! Chiron22

Last edited by chiron22 : 08-20-2010 at 01:31 AM.
  #125   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Violet and Colleen, Thankyou! I did go back and work her face. I agree that her nose was not quite right and I also wanted to touch up the highlights on her face a bit more. Now, she's done, lol!

Chiron22, I added the mane as requested...just a bit where it is hanging over her withers from her 3rd ponytail, lol! If this meets with your approval, then I'm ready to call this done!

#126   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-21-2010, 01:04 AM

Exclamation Re: Bathers - WIP

Dear Kerry & All, I am happy & satisfied! Let us call this Fantastic Fantasy oil Painting DONE!!! It is absolutly gorgeous! Kerry...You deserve a Break today! It will be another triumph for you! I put it on a par with, "Anniversary Adornment" for Beauty & Scenic know how on your part! You had better make prints of this one. Who could not like it? LOL! I hope you read my e-mail with the ideas for the next 2 commissions. And I hope you agree they will be a challenge to do. Please, every one who has watched Kerry's efforts on this Fantasy painting...Do comment. Cheer her for her expertise in the field of oil painting & the Heart to always do her best! I cannot say enough times how Proud I am for finding her & helping her continue in her chosen field of Art! Kerry, may we create many fantastic art pieces in the coming years ahead! I for one will do my best to continue to be a good Patron of yours. May you & yours have Health, Happiness & contentment in the years ahead. A VERY grateful, Chiron22
  #127   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Yeah! It's done!

I thoroughly enjoyed this one Chiron and I'm looking forward to the new ones you discussed in email (I'll answer those via email! ). Thankyou again for the kind words and encouragement through this WIP.

Now I need to play catch-up on some small stuff...I committed myself... to a pet portrait swap and have close to 30 portraits to paint...I should be committed! Ha! I do need practice on animals other than horses and centaurs though, so, I guess I better get crackin' on the minnies!

#128   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2010, 01:51 PM

Thumbs up Re: Bathers - WIP

Hello Kerry & everyone who watched or commented on this now finished WIP. I received "A Chance Find" on Saturday last! It is a Beautiful oil Fantasy painting. The Crisp, clear, & colorful view of this paiting makes the photos on WIP look weak in comparasin. Although the photos looked good on the screen. LOL! Most things up close look better than mere photos. Lucky is the one who owns it & has to look upon it!? Yes, I am very lucky to have had Kerry paint it! Kerry sent me a small make-up oil painting (4x4 inches). The name is, "Daughter of the Moon" I ask Kerry to post it here or her Gallery or ESBQ gallery & show the curious what a smaller Fantasy painting looks like compared to one of her bigger ones. Pretty good is what I think. This will be my last post of this WIP unless Kerry answers or someone comments. Thank you all for being there for Kerry & me. A grateful Chiron22. BFN!

Last edited by chiron22 : 08-29-2010 at 01:57 PM.
  #129   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Resting in Peace
Brazil

Hails from Italy

At the end of this long adventure, I want to say:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Eduardo
"God gave the artist a window towards other worlds"
  #130   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

This really came out looking great. Congratulations!
[email protected]
  #131   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Eric and Eduardo, thankyou very much!
Chiron22, I am glad it looks even better in person! I agree that they always do look better when you can see all the nuances of the paint and brushwork...certainly no camparison to my photos. Here is the little mini I sent Chiron with the big painting;

"Daughter of the Moon" 4x4" (10cmx10cm) oil

#132   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM

Exclamation Re: Bathers - WIP

Dear All! Thank you Eduardo & Eric for commenting & being enthusiastic about Kerry's work on this WIP! Thank you Kerry for showing, "Daughter of the Moon" for the folks! LOL! We will start on the new commission on Sept. 1st. We DO need to get a satisfactory NAME for it. "The Teacher" or "The Dancer" or "Teaching them all" or "Showing Off" or 'Striding Her Stuff" or "Dancing with REAL Shoes" or "Hot to Trot" or "Four on the Dance Floor" (Oh Boy!!!)are just a few 1sts. We will decide a Catch name later. I am truely happy this WIP was successful with every body! Sincerely, Chiron22

Last edited by chiron22 : 08-30-2010 at 09:18 PM.