WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States
Re: Bathers - WIP

Ooh, such poetry! Thankyou Eduardo!

ETSY FACEBOOK FAA EPILOGUE
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2010, 03:23 PM

Hi Kerry & all! It is like I said...Kerry can make the impossible, possible! And look good! LOL! Her Centaurs ARE believable in their pure beauty, life situations & intellegence! *Scientists say that the Universe is SO vast... that there are untold billions of stars out there. Among the stars are untold billions of planets that could support life. SO...in turn, what ever creature the Human mind can conceive, THAT creature is alive out there some where. Even Centaur Life. I rest my case!* LOL! Kerry's, "Baby Centaurfold" IS precious & dear! She is the 2nd Centaur Baby in my collection from Kerry. She has done more Centaur Children, Family outings, Adult Centaurs & even Centaur couples in their twilight years! Kerry has run the gambit of Centaur life in caring & logical ways. May she continue to paint out her ideas of Centaur life in the coming years ahead. I hope I will be there to see them! Thank you Kerry! Sincerely, Chiron22
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Yup! Who,s to say it can't be possible! Then there is the idea of multiple dimensions...could be centaurs in millions of alternate universes! LOL! Whatever anyone thinks about centaurs as myth, or, possibility, the creatures are facinating to consider and have been intriquing to paint!

Hope every one enjoyed thier 4th!

#49   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Got a little bit done today...not much because I was working on something else as well. I think my rock background is mostly done now. I did a little with the water line and reflection and also did a bit of redefining on the male centaur. Next will be to finish up the upper right - the grass, and, the centaur, then, I will need to get back to the water...which will probably be the most difficult part of this for me... Here is the painting as it is now, and, a close up of the main area I worked today.

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Hi Kerry, Glad to have you back! LOL! I was checking every day. Your rock wall is very tight looking with all the weathering, cracks, coloring, roots, slime (mold?) etc! The water from the falls in the background coming in a small stream near the Male Centaurs hooves! The Males horse body coloring IS really nice! The grass, packs & reflection look COOL too! I know you will work from the back to the front of the picture! Good luck with the finishing of the reflection & Centaurs! You said that the reflections of the water was difficult to perfect. You will succeed! BTW I received your "Baby Centaurfold"...(Centaurfoal?) LOL! It IS terrific! Very Beautiful & the 2 babies will get along & Baby talk to each other. Thank you for this newest Centaur painting! # 52, I think! I now await the other interested artists & collectors to comment or new updates from you, My MOST excellant Fantasy Oil Artist! Chiron22
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Glad the 'centaurfoal' arrived safely! Your surprise piece is in the works, too, and I'll send it on as soon as finished...and no one is going to see it before you do! Hoping I'll get another full day of painting on this tomorrow...I hope!

#52   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Immortalized
Johnson City, NY

Hails from United States

Nice work Kerry, I like the dorsal stripe down the male centaur's back, just as a buckskin horse would have....nice detail!!
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Hi, BethAnn! His dorsal stripe is actually going to be his mane...a short one because he keeps it cropped for convenience. LOL!

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2010, 05:50 AM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

I worked the upper right corner today...still got a ways to go here.

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-10-2010, 05:36 PM

Exclamation Re: Bathers - WIP

Dear Kerry & All, Little by little the Gem of a painting began to shine! 1st one corner, then the next. Till the whole piece of oil jewelry is complete! It WILL be another Masterpiece of an oil painting! Kerry IS a perfectionist, and will tweak each item & person in the picture till everything shines! I LOVE her work & will be there for her as long as she has ideas for these great Fantasy paintings! & After! LOL! Kerry, you ROCK! Chiron22
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Here's a few new pics...

Meet Mr. Centaur...finally, he has a face!

Upper right corner is gettin' there!

Some water weeds on the left side

blocked in tree.

We have witnesses!

And the full image as it is so far!

#57   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2010, 12:09 AM

Dear Kerry & All, Your right top corner is getting better & better in the painting! The male...He HAS a face!!! Exotic, maybe Grecian!? 5 o'clock shadow, they HAVE been traveling! He will have to shave in the morning, for their morning kiss. LOL! Water plants, tree in water, rocks & reflecting still water...very real looking! The saddle bags & belt are more detailed. Centaurs are very creative in most crafts! The CUTE Chipmonks!!!!! The saddle bags were probably placed over the rock entrance to their burrow. Just the same they are looking over the strange things on their rocks. I am SO happy with the progress of this painting! Little by little the Fantasy oil painting grew! Brighter, more colorful & sharper! A tremendous job so far, Kerry! Thank you!!! More commissions to come when you are ready! A Satisfied customer, Chiron22
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

Glad you like how it is going! I didn't get any painting done today, but, am planning a full day on it tomorrow!

#59   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States

I have changed the mane on the male centaur, as requested by Chiron22, and, personally, I like the longer mane. I also made some corrections to the males proportions. His human parts looked way too big for the horse parts, so, I made the horse parts bigger...easier for me to change a horse than a person...lol! Anyway, I will still need to go back and buff up the highlights and finish off the hands on him after the paint dries a bit.

I also worked on the girlie-taur and she now has girlie bits...no face yet, but, that's how I work, leave the faces 'til last. I increased the horse body size on her too, and, worked her color more. Lots more to do, still. Before I get too far into her mane and tail, I will have to back up and get the water done...a few ripples and flow-looking textures, a fish or two, a turtle...bugs, whatever else might fit into this.

Here's the full image;

#60   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Hi Kerry & All, Thank you for the Mane change of the male & size changes to both Centaurs. Bigger body, stronger Creature! WHOA!!! The Female has nice female parts! HER Horse body hide is a scrumptious Silver/White! Lovely!!! I can't imagine how Great the Centaurs will look when they are truely finished! *(Don't put dirt on them!)* LOL! They look TOO good to spoil! This commission will truely be one of your finest oil paintings to date! Trust me! I hope your other Artists friends & followers are looking. THIS is what a Great painting should be. Whether Fantasy, Wildlife, Animal or whatever! I AM SO proud of Kerry & her professionalism! I hope she will make prints of this painting, go to shows & Ebay & that Fantasy collectors WILL buy them! Kerry, Kerry, Kerry... I have 2 new ideas for commissions when you get rested after this exertion of your creativity. With admiration & respect, Chiron22