WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Lord of the Arts
Azle, TX

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Bathers - WIP

Hi!

Thought I'd share a WIP of a new commissioned fantasy piece. I am just in the thumbnail sketch stage, but, I thought some might find the process from vague idea to finished painting interesting...so, here goes!

Warning! This will have female frontal nudity...so proceed at your own risk! LOL!

This will be a fantasy painting of a centaur couple bathing at a river, sized 12x16 painted in alkyd oils on an Art & Enns polystyrene panel. Here is what my client initially wrote that he would like to see in this painting, but, this is all preliminary and this will be an evolution of both his ideas and mine as this progresses!

"Him bending over, cupping the water in his hands ready to drink (on the right or left of the picture)*** with his Mate already in the pond washing (splashing) her upper body! (In or near the middle if the pond). She will be facing the viewer! A NICE figure! IF you will do a nude front... The splashed water CAN cover her Privates*** The water will be up to her horse chest a couple of inches,( I like to see the horse chest muscles) LOL!, so her lower legs are under water. They travelled for a couple of days through dusty territory & SHE HAD to get in the water & start washing. Her pack, tack & clothes will be on the bank with his pack, tack & clothes near him. He WILL be unclothed & ready to go in with her in a few minutes, after a long drink. . It can have a canyon back drop to be different from the original picture. Plus plants, & small critters such as chip monks, or ground hogs or lizards. You get the idea. She should have a white horse body, long white hair & tail with a normal pinkish skin upper human body. I would like him to be a buckskin horse body with black stockings from the knees, short or medium black hair & medium black tail with a short mane down his human back. He can have a short beard or be clean shaven. His human upper body can be tanned. * no fur please). I would guess this is a offshoot pond from a river. "

These are the first sketches and I am waiting for his response on these to see which direction to go from here.

This was the 1st sketch done in a 4x6" sketchbook using ebony pencil...very rough!

#2 Moved to an 11x14" pad using vine charcoal and charcoal hb pencils.

#3 This one I left out the background as I can fill that in around the figures once I know what positions they will be in. In this sketch, I was trying to work out a comp with the two figures close to each other.

Another variation with the female up close.

..And reversed. That will be thier discarded gear, clothing, weapons on the bank. I'm playing with differant backgrounds as well with these.

This is where it is now. I'll update as soon as I have something more to add!

ETSY FACEBOOK FAA EPILOGUE

Last edited by KerryOriginals : 06-22-2010 at 07:53 PM.