Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Equinox

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    WoodyWelch

Acrylic on poster board at about 18 x 24….

gaykir

Nicely done nightmare 😱

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

Attalus

Nightmare is right. Scary stuff.

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

bluefish

terrific…..’beauty and the beast’…..all very exciting!

Bill..maybe Susie would model for you to do something like this…..:thumbsup: :clap:

Attalus

terrific…..’beauty and the beast’…..all very exciting!

Bill..maybe Susie would model for you to do something like this…..:thumbsup: :clap:

I’ve done a couple of sketches of her sleeping, but no monsters. I’m not as good at monsters as Woody is, and, besides, the nightmares she does have sound bad enough! :clear:

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

brusher

Wow! The octopus-like creature immediately grabbed my eye, then leading it across the frame. And the lady is good-looking too! :) Not to take anything away, of course, from Satan and the Guardian of the Occult!

Great colors, the light blue of her dress leads you to the dark blue of the Guardian (is that his name)? I kept looking for a goblet, whiskey glass or wine bottle or something similar by her hand, guess nothing there. The missing shoe and fallen arm/hand just suggested a drunken state? Esp. in the ’60’s (as is her look)? Although, that might be too cliche.

Cathy

Old_hobbyest

Love the skulls in the corner. I would have preferred the lady’s attire to be a little more dishabille. And the geezer in the hat in the lower left corner? Where did you get my picture?

WoodyWelch

The painting here is a collection of the stop-motion monsters from the no budget 1970 film of the same name…..EQUINOX. The film stinks but in my juvenile mind I thought….hey, i can make that kind of movie!! So, this pusillanimous cinematic pus wart had a special place in my dark dirty heart for years. :cool:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.