Home Forums Artist Marketplace Gold Partner: F+W Media, Inc. Northlightshop video downloads are driving me crazy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    pagnes

I’ve bougt yesterday two videos but I have many difficulties in downloading. Trying and retrying I’ve managed the 1 G one, but in 2 days I haven’t manage the 1.6 G. I’ve tried about 10 times, download breaks off, often in the end, and I have to begin again.
        Why Northlightshop doesn’t
        – care about those clients who have slower connections?
        – offer big downloads split let’s say in 600MB pieces?
        – speed up the server connections?
        – why there aren’t international servers?
        – give us resumable downloads?

:mad:

CherieHaas

Hello Pagnes; thanks for your questions, and I’m sorry you’ve had these problems. The best thing to do is to contact our customer service department directly. You can email them through this page: http://www.northlightshop.com/contacts.

Sincerely,
            Cherie

Cherie Haas
            Online Editor, www.ArtistsNetwork.com

pagnes

yes, thank you, I’ve already done it, but as the last time it needed more than a month to obtain a useful answer from support (and not the generic one, like go to downloadable items, select video, right click etc. – without probably reading my description of the problem) I am not very optimist
                anyway thx

pagnes

in fact, happened what I feared: though I’ve described the actual problem, they sent me a generic text how to download: see for yourself

Message 1
                    Thank you for purchasing downloads from NorthLightShop.com
                    In order to save your download to your computer log into your Northlightshop.com account, go to “my downloadable products” located on the left of the page. Hover your mouse over the title of the download you are wishing to start with. On a MAC do a CONTROL/Click over the link on a PC you will do a “right click”. You will get the option to “save target as”, “save link as” or “download link file as”. Click on one of these options and it will prompt you to choose a location for this file and a name for this file. Click “Save” and this item will download to the location you have chosen. After the file is finished click on the icon where you saved this and it will open for you.
                    You can also find more information on our downloads here:
                    http://www.northlightshop.com/videohelp

Thank you,
                    North Light Shop

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:51 AM
                    To: NorthLightShop.com
                    Subject: Contact Form

Name: Agnes Preszler
                    E-mail: [email]email omitted here[/email]
                    Telephone:

Comment: hello, I am unable to download this video ( Anatomy for Artists The Human Form Revealed 2nd Edition )
                    (…url omitted here…)

I get message: 502 Bad Gateway
                    nginx

I’ve tried it before 3 times, every time download broke off

Message 2

Thank you for purchasing downloads from NorthLightShop.com

In order to save your download to your computer log into your Northlightshop.com account, go to “my downloadable products” located on the left of the page. Hover your mouse over the title of the download you are wishing to start with. On a MAC do a CONTROL/Click over the link on a PC you will do a “right click”. You will get the option to “save target as”, “save link as” or “download link file as”. Click on one of these options and it will prompt you to choose a location for this file and a name for this file. Click “Save” and this item will download to the location you have chosen. After the file is finished click on the icon where you saved this and it will open for you.

You can also find more information on our downloads here:
                    http://www.northlightshop.com/videohelp

Thank you,
                    North Light Shop

Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 4:14 PM
                    To: NorthLightShop.com
                    Subject: Contact Form

Name: Agnes Preszler
                    E-mail: [email]email omitted here[/email]
                    Telephone:

Comment: hello, I am unable to download the pastel still life video, it brokes down every time. Please give me a resumable download link or divide the file at least in half

… (here was text that has been cut off)

WHY DO NOT THEY AT LEAST READ THE MESSAGE??? IS THERE A REAL PERSON THERE OR IS IT A ROBOT???

sallspaw

Hi Agnes,

What product did you purchase? I will check on the download for you to make sure it’s working properly.

Thanks,
                        Sarah

pagnes

Claudia Seymour Still life flowers pastel workhop

pagnes

recent update: I’ve got in touch with the (human) support and they give me a good assistance. :)

Neverland

Me too, yesterday!

:heart:
                                    peteonart

Northlight are driving me crazy too. I successfully purchased downloadable product on order number500286571 and missed the instruction to download at the end of the order process. Expecting an email with instructions. Nothing!
                                        I have visited web site, registered, sent emails, tried telephoning from UK, more emails, nothing!
                                        Can anyone help, is there a person involved that will talk to me?
                                        [email][email protected][/email]

pagnes

hello, normally you should see your download link from control panel’s “my downloads” or sg like that.
                                            If you want human assistance you have to insist a bit, I’ve tried various channels, even contacting the artist. If they respond they send normally generic answers (probably without even reading your message!!!)
                                            I do not know how it is possible that a website good like that has an assistance that is a real crap, it seems also not to be a temporary problem.

peteonart

Maybe Wetcanvas members need to stop buying from NorthLight shop. I believe wetcanvas is run by F+W as is NorthLight shop? How do you insist when you get no response? My next move is to go to some sort of authority to get my money back, any other suggestions?

CherieHaas

Hi there! Our team is on it. :) I’ll respond in your other thread as well…

Thanks so much!

Cherie Haas
                                                    Online Editor, www.ArtistsNetwork.com

jmyyao

I just purchased a video and started downloading it. After 90 minutes, only 27.6MB was downloaded. The bad thing is not stopped there. After then, Network Error!!! Very very bad system that is incapable of doing their business. Fortunately, I did not buy another 2 videos at the same time that I intended to do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.