WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Scratchboard Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-17-2017, 07:59 PM

Repairing deep divot in scratchboard

Well, hopefully some scratchboarder out there is as clumsy as I am. I finished a very nice commission, and on the way to the printer (to have gicl'ees made) I SHUT IT IN THE CAR DOOR. Sigh - clumsy doesn't even begin to describe me. I have contacted Dana at Ampersand and he is graciously sending some slurry to me in the next day or so. My question is: what is the best method to clean the area around the divot, apply the slurry, and then reink the area? Luckily the "divot' is only an eye contact size depression and not in a scratched area...so no rescratching will be necessary. And, I do have an airbrush to reapply the ink once I get the divot repaired. OK, masters....help!
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-19-2017, 05:52 AM
San Francisco

Hails from United States
Re: Repairing deep divot in scratchboard

I'm not a master, but as far as re-inking goes I've had pretty good success using a lint free soft cloth to apply ink. Gently rub it on (not puddles) the board will take it. If the ink is a good match it shouldn't give you much problem. Personal I use a Dulling spray to make it all blend in the end
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-02-2018, 08:44 AM
Enthusiast
North Carolina

Hails from United States
Re: Repairing deep divot in scratchboard

I have taken the ink off, added thin layers of the clay slurry and let them dry. Fine sanding and smooth to the rest of the board, then ink. A lot of drying and inking, but I have done it.
Best of luck!