Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    catgabriel

Hi everyone, just finished this piece today. Collage, ink & acrylic on canvas, 16″ x 20″. Would love some C&C on this and some opinions on whether this would be a marketable style of artwork. I’m thinking of making more canvasses like this and showing it to a local gallery who supports contemporary artists.

- Catherine

debi-d

hmm not sure what to say, I like your style. Have you approached the gallery owner about your work? Id be interested in their feedback.
            You have done a real good job in portraying the parrot with the different coloured fabrics./ swatches

My life will not be measured by how many breaths I take, but rather, by how many moments take my breath away......anonymous

catgabriel

Thanks for your reply Debi. No, I’m nowhere near ready to be showing anything to the gallery yet, I need to do some more pieces first. I just wanted to gauge whether this kind of work is something people would be interested in before I continue with it. There is no fabric, it’s all hand-torn pieces of paper.

Here’s a better pic I took this morning

- Catherine

Sixoclock

Wonderful colors!!! I love this!!!! Great style as well!

Pawn.

My Art Blog:
                    www.pawnferal.wordpress.com

catgabriel

Thanks Pawn! :)

- Catherine

Cyndi L

I think it would depend so much upon the overall style of the gallery whether they would be interested or not, but that is true of everyone’s work! Personally, I really like this type of style, because you don’t have to worry about imagery copyright like some other artists do. Plus, it’s just colorful and fun :)

JayJay365UK

I agree with all the above! It’s lovely, cheerful and bright, and the background shows off the parrots colours to perfection. Love his little cheeky face as well. Well worth developing this style, its quite unique I think.:thumbsup:

ullahennig

I love the brightness of the colours, and I love the style. It is eye-catching!

Ulla
                                    --------------------
                                    http://art-and-experiments.blogspot.de/

Patty H

I like your style on this and I think it could be very marketable! Keep up the good work, and have fun!

Patty

catgabriel

Thanks everyone for your feedback, much appreciated! :)

- Catherine

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.