Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Hidden Wonder

• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by john.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Shanec

I had the good fortune to do a day walk in the glorious Springbrook National Park – Gold Coast Hinterland late last year after days of steady rain. That’s when the rainforest comes to life. I photographed a small stream just off the path which was excellent then I lifted up a large leaf next to it and found this gem.

Comments welcome, Shane.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

A beautifully controlled drawing of all those stems and twisting ‘vines’ – and the colour work on them is superb.
        Such a lovely sense of tangled depth here and very subtle painting and pen work! A little treasure!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Ryeath

Beautiful picture.

C&C always welcomed.

LoganArt

Lovely work. One can almost feel the damp emanating from your picture.

C&C always welcome

I love where you’re going with this technique Shane. Most unusual. I have doubts about the water though. A little too much like a draped sheet as opposed to sparkling, translucent water. Your original nifty image may have contained some outer flecks of foam or droplets? If not, I would have put some in I think. Well done.

Shanec

Thanks all.

You are right watercolour lover, the water isn’t quite right although the scan is a poor reflection as there are some subtle tones. Pardon the pun. :lol

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

crispur2005

Well worth the visit to see this, a real treasure.

Christine :wave:

monarch

Lovely, and so many great textures.

C&C welcome and appreciated

indraneel

And where is the black and white version? This does look stunning, but I think there was lots to appreciate even before you inked it. What is the green thing in the background, a fence? Also size? I think the play of reds and greens makes this one pop.

Toon

… then I lifted up a large leaf next to it and found this gem.

A nice result after a deeply lived experience of nature

DSPIT

a very complicated scene made almost simple by use of texture and color. very nice.

The only thing that surprises me anymore, is that I can still be surprised:D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.