WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 07:04 AM
Randers, Denmark

Hails from Denmark
website

Hi you lovely people with a creative mind,

I have redone my website.

C&C is very welcome

Is it wrong not have prices on the pieces, but only by request ?

Kind Regards,
Kenneth Lindholm

http://www.kennethlindholm.com
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 10:29 AM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada
Re: website

how much for the cool stool with leather belt accents?

i think stating prices is a good idea 'cause without them i assume the price is too high to handle - that stool for example, could be $50 at an Ikea store ... and $5000+ in a 'one of a kind specialty art shop'.

people(?) won't ... I won't spend time phoning for prices, especially with the vastness of the global markets.
and i won't e-mail or otherwise contact online business's for fear of being inundated with offers/spam/notifications/whatever - i'm Very selective.

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Randers, Denmark

Hails from Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
how much for the cool stool with leather belt accents?

i think stating prices is a good idea 'cause without them i assume the price is too high to handle - that stool for example, could be $50 at an Ikea store ... and $5000+ in a 'one of a kind specialty art shop'.

people(?) won't ... I won't spend time phoning for prices, especially with the vastness of the global markets.
and i won't e-mail or otherwise contact online business's for fear of being inundated with offers/spam/notifications/whatever - i'm Very selective.

la

Hi LA,

My website is not a webshop, is like a site for what I do, and it will keep growing until I close my eyes forever

The designs, are protoypes and not for sale (yet) I have to find a furniture manufacturer who will produce and sell them

The paintings is for sale, but I really think it´s hard to set the price.

/Kenneth
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 11:35 AM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

pricing IS hard
and highly varied - by artist, location, ego, pride, emotional attachment, exposure, market, gallery commissions, agent fees, show fees, reputation, sales histories ... and buyers.
et al et al

it's definitely a good idea to tour local art shops, galleries, moving displays and art markets to get a feel for what sells for what, and where.

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-05-2020, 02:35 PM
Randers, Denmark

Hails from Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
pricing IS hard
and highly varied - by artist, location, ego, pride, emotional attachment, exposure, market, gallery commissions, agent fees, show fees, reputation, sales histories ... and buyers.
et al et al

it's definitely a good idea to tour local art shops, galleries, moving displays and art markets to get a feel for what sells for what, and where.

la

It is very hard... I think I have to sell my art for less money than I really want in the beginning, and when/if I get a good reputation, and many buyers want my pieces, then the price can go up

Yeah I have to tour locally, so my art can be shown... It´s all brand new, so there is much work to do

The stool with leather seat should cost around 800-900$ ... I hope someday Design Within Reach in the US will show and sell the stool
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2020, 10:48 AM

I have a website where I post my art and when someone likes a piece there is a note to contact me via emails for details.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2020, 01:14 PM
Enthusiast
Pawtucket, RI

Hails from United States

Can you imagine going to any brick-and-mortar store and not seeing any prices on anything? If you want to sell, put prices on. If not, say "Not for sale."
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-07-2020, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
=La_ ... I won't spend time phoning for prices, especially with the vastness of the global markets.
Not putting a price, waiting for someone to call you - cuts out imo 99.5% of potential buyers. if you don't put a price on a website, then you'll have to do it over the phone, or email - not a good look if you don't have a set price ready to give when you answer the phone, or have to wait two weeks to respond to an email while you ponder a price -

For that reason I think it's unwise to put work up for sale UNTIL you've set a price. And if you've set a price why not put it on the website?

STUDIOBONGO
INSTAGRAM
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2020, 03:24 AM
Randers, Denmark

Hails from Denmark

Hi Guys,

Of course I can follow you, I would not spend a second on a webshop selling whatever without prices.

But I think my site is a little bit different, because I have some unika paintings, that you do not see anywhere else.

Hmm I could maybe put on danish, eur and dollar prices, and then write that freight costs is something we can talk about.

My issue was, that I do large pieces, and they are expensive to handle... But I see what you mean, I will put on a price and then write something about freight to Countries far away (-:
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-08-2020, 07:37 AM
Randers, Denmark

Hails from Denmark

Okay now I have prices on my website in EUR, DOLLAR and DANISH CROWNES ;-)

Thank you very much for pushing me into pricing :-)