WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-04-2019, 07:34 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States
Stitch in Time December 2019

Well, I'm late. It's here. The last month of this year. I expected to be busier than I have been with critters. Not seeing the sales I usually do. Probably because even after all this time, I don't market them. It's ok, I'm not depending on this to feed me. It's kind of a side thing.

Hope y'all are doing well and staying warm if you are in the northern hemisphere. There's been some outrageous weather.

I've done as many critters as I'm going to for now. My shop is reasonably stocked online and the gallery has a dozen of them. I've been looking at the last doll head I created. It's ok. It's definitely a step in the right direction. But, when I embroidered an eye it looked like I've never embroidered before. Which is ridiculous because I began my embroidery journey more than 50 years ago. I think I've figured out what went wrong and am starting yet another doll head to give things another go.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time December 2019

I have been busy too. Our spare room now has a tile floor. The disgusting old carpet is gone. This meant emptying the room of everything except the big furniture in 2days. Plus things are not going well with the kids so lots of hand holding.

Embroidering dolls heads is tricky. First it is not flat. Second it is more like applying makeup, it should suggest rather then being the thing. Remember the best makeup looks like no makeup.

I finished the dog sweater, it works and she is ok with it, but it keeps growing. And then she gets pee on it and .... I have to fix it.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-06-2019, 06:14 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, so sorry about the kids and things not going well. Hope they improve soon. Glad you got the flooring you wanted. I'll keep your doll advice in mind as I begin again.

I've been going thru a period of bleariness. This whole night shift thing is wearing me down. I had figured I'd adapt. Alas, I have not. I'm really counting on this to put us in a good financial position as DH retires next year.

Working on (a little at a time) making a new head and doing some needle sculpting to it. Then try again with the embroidery of features. I know it could be painted. I'm not a great painter and am experienced with embroidery which is why I'm gong this direction. Tho' after my last attempt I'm questioning myself.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

So I finished a flock of little birds and I got my camera and then started wrapping gifts and next thing I knew everything was wrapped and no photos had been taken. I am not sure where my head was.... I have no pictures of finished pieces.

I am still struggling with mice. And cleaning and mouse proofing. It is taking over my life.
Ugh.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Got two more done!
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Lord of the Arts

Got mice? Google mouse bucket traps!
Cute birdies!
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-10-2019, 07:46 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, sorry you are still battling mice. That's got to be miserable. The birds turned out cute.

Hi ntl.

Another dragon crisis is upon me. The gallery suddenly sold out of all the dragons I had up there. They have asked me to provide twice as many this time. I had stopped making them. I've got that many. It just kind of devastates my online shop to do so. That just means I'm back to making dragons again to fill up the shop again. I should probably make extras to accommodate the gallery. Get ahead a little even.