Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Partner: Blick Art Materials Can Tone Panels

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Linda Wolff

I have a question (actually three questions) regarding the Fredrix Can-Tone panels available at Dick Blick, on sale now at very attractive prices. I generally start my plein airs with a terra-cotta color and the peach color looks pretty good to me. Of the Fredrix stretched canvas I prefer the blue label fine texture but these are described as medium texture. (1) What is the core of these panels made of, and (2) Is the texture more coarse than the Blue label Fredrix stretched canvas panels. (3) Can you compare it to the texture of The Edge stretched canvas panels, which I find to be too coarse.

Linda Wolff
        Landscape composition tips from Johannes Vloothuis https://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles/Johannes_Vloothuis/120/index.html

Hi Linda.

1) The core of these is chipboard, made from recycled newsprint and recycled cardboard.
        2) The texture is more coarse than the Blue Label, more comparable to the Red Label.
        3) Unfortunately, The Edge is not a product we offer, so we’re not able to advise on how it would compare.

If we can offer further assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask!

- your friends at Blick Art Materials

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.