Home Forums The Art Business Center General Art Business I need a "catchy name" for my art tent sign!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    whimsyartlady

:cat: I wonder if this is too broad a subject…but I’m having an art show next week. The new art tent I bought comes with a display sign in the front, that I have to fill in myself.
        I wonder if anyone knows where or how can I get some good ideas for a “catchy name” for my art tent sign?
        I don’t paint landscapes or florals! I paint in pastels and acrylic, animals or all kinds, people and fun things, like games, marbles, etc.
        Thanks for your help!:)

Watersprite

I just read an article that says you should name your “product” starting with the letter “K”. Not much help, but maybe it will get you started on some ideas. Good luck.

jc

coyote

Use your own name. It’s classier than a catchy made-up name. Famous artists don’t make up names.

Todd 'coyote' Cooper ---
                I love the smell of turpentine in the morning. It smells like...art.
                My Gallery

Matthew Swift

Use your own name. It’s classier than a catchy made-up name. Famous artists don’t make up names.

J.K. Rowling, D.C. Fontana, Mark Twain, Banksy, B.B. King, Miles Davis, Calvin Klein, and Judy Garland would disagree. :)

It can be hard trying to market yourself and your artwork. I would concentrate on the strategic placement of what you have for sale, so that the work does all the advertising for you.

jerrylipp

I agree with the last post.
                        From a marketing point of view, your name should reflect your brand, if you have not established name recognition it’s best to create a name that conveys your brand story and hopefully personality. for example: “Abstract In Its Natural Form” is how I brand my work.

I’ve looked at your website, very nice work!

Here’s some ideas, they might suck but I tried:

Live Through Art

Life, Experience, Art!

Paint, Canvas, Light & Art!

Experience Life By Art

The Art of Life

Life & Art

What do you think,

Jerry Lipp
                        www.jerrylipp.com (my paintings)
                        www.mwlea.com (fine art etching)
                        Blogs: http://jerrylipp.blogspot.com/ (professional arts

whimsyartlady

Thanks to all of you for your responses!! I realize I didn’t include my website in my initial question, for you to get any idea of what I do!
                            My website is: http://www.artsyanne.com
                            Thanks again!

whimsyartlady

Jerry Lipp, your suggestions were awesome!!! I like your connection of LIFE and ART, etc. because that’s what I do!! Funny, I never thought of going in that direction! Wow, thanks so much!!

junge040649

Jerry,

Good suggestions. These are more like slogans or “taglines” (as I’ve heard them called) rather than pseudonyms, which (IMO) might be more appropriate than using a fictitious name. Writers have a long history of adopting pseudonyms; offhand, I can’t think of many visual artists who do that. (Now watch — someone will post a list of names proving me wrong! Never fails!!) :)

junge040649

Whoops! I got duped! (Duplicated, anyway!)

Bringer

Hi,

Life in Art ; Art in Life ; F in Behaviour (not art related but an amusing title) ; Original Dreams ; Life’s Portfolio ; Think Art ; Look in Here ; Stumble Upon Art (people will recall the Stumbleupon website)

Kind regards,

José

Read about it on my Blog

I'm not lazy because I sleep until late. I just dream alot.

jerrylipp

I like those Jose, Mark; I don’t believe picking a pseudo solves the branding problem, it’s just changing the unrecognizable name. Best to pick a name that says something about your work.

Marketing guys opinion, that’s all; pick a name that makes you happy, please let us know what you decide.

Thanks,

Jerry Lipp
                                                www.jerrylipp.com (my paintings)
                                                www.mwlea.com (fine art etching)
                                                Blogs: http://jerrylipp.blogspot.com/ (professional arts

whimsyartlady

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, you’re great to take the time to do it!!! I have so many good choices to pick from now! I agree, Jerry, it’s best to pick a name that says something about my work too!
                                                    I will definitely let you know what I decide!
                                                    Thanks all of you again!

JamesDFarrow

If you want to attract a large crowd use “Free Art”. You won’t make much money though. LOL!

Sorry couldn’t resist.

Good luck. Hope you sell a bunch.

James :)

James D. Farrow
                                                        Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Bringer

If you want to attract a large crowd use “Free Art”. You won’t make much money though. LOL!

Sorry couldn’t resist.

Good luck. Hope you sell a bunch.

James :)

Well James, there are also “free” credit cards and yet…..:rolleyes:

Kind regards,

José

Read about it on my Blog

I'm not lazy because I sleep until late. I just dream alot.

Bizkit

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your kidding right??:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Persistance is a virtue, patience is not"....
                                                                "It is talent, not material quality, that produces quality work!!!"........plastechie(Jim).

Check out my blog :clap:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.