Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Help!! Tablet compatibility?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rahzel

Hello, nice to meet you! I’m new and wasn’t sure whete whether I should post this in the Digital Art forum or the Computer and Technology one so sorry if this is wrong.

I need to ask a question for experienced users. I currently own four pen tablets: A Genius 8×6 Mousepen I’ve had for ten years (?) now, after having a 4×5 one for 10 more years ; a Huion H610 (not Pro) I acquired around 2013 because my Genius pen had broken and I couldn’t find a cheap pen + wanted to upgrade ; a Wacom One CTL480 I bought again because the pen for my Huion broke and an upgrade seemed less expensive ; and a Intuos 2013 CTL472 I bought as used goods recently because it was really cheap and I’ve kind of always wanted an Intuos or some other .
        Since then I managed to get a new pen for my Genius (by buying an old used cheaper model), for my Huion (those are easy to get o Anliexpress but I had to wait months for it so I bought the Wacom One), and now I have 4 working “basic level” tablets ; I’m very much an amateur user, I don’t really think of myself as a (drawing) “artist” and I certainly don’t need all of these, but I never know when one is going to break so I’m keeping them all for the sake of it. So I did some testing and even could upload it on Youtube in case anyone wants to see.
        I don’t think any of these tablets are compatible so I wanted to know if anyone here uses 2 drawing tablets, any brand, and if so how did you do it. Thanks a lot!

Welcome to the forum.

Digital Art or Computers and Technology for Artists are forums where you should discuss your equipment problems.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Are you saying you want to use 2 tablets at the same time?

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
        Every painting is a new adventure.

Causality

I can think of two ways tablets could be non-compatible.

-being different sizes you might find using them one after another to be disorienting.

-the drivers for one of them may conflict with the drivers for another.

Rahzel

Are you saying you want to use 2 tablets at the same time?

Yes. Not at the same time but I want to be able to plug one, unplug another and not having to reinstall any drivers.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Hmm, I’ve never tried that. Causality brings up good points though. It might be easier on you to just pick your favourite and stick with it.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                Every painting is a new adventure.

Causality

You might look at your task list and see if possibly you can identify something running related to one tablet that can just be turned off so you can then use the other. Looking at my Tasklist (details) I see that the Huion software for instance is running. I can’t speak to any long range consequences of shutting such a process down on a regular basis though, you’ll have to look into that.

Aseekerofinfo

Just thought I would add my pennys worth… I use a Huion (great tablet). I never have any problem stopping or starting the process for it, and it does not cause any problems when/if I plug anything else in.

I use it on Win 7, and (if I remember right) I have tried it on Win 10 too…..so thats all I can say on it.

Yes. Not at the same time but I want to be able to plug one, unplug another and not having to reinstall any drivers.

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Of different brands you will have no problem. Device drivers have signatures that have a number that identify the manufacturer. A driver, unless is very very badly written, will accept data only from devices with the correct manufacturer ID.

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.