WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Wearable Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:27 PM
A Local Legend
In a little cottage by the sea (Edmonds, WA)

WIA - Wednesday May 12, 2010

hello peeps

Susie, when will you hear about your interview?

Not much going on here. I'll check back later.

My Blog / My Etsy / My Website
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast
Columbus, OH

Hails from United States
Re: WIA - Wednesday May 12, 2010

Afternoon ladies (and the occasional gentleman)!

Pam, I dunno. She said she was interviewing people to get a 'feel' for them and then they're doing the second half of the interviews at the end of the week--so I'd say... probably today if they're doing it at week's end? lol If I don't hear from them today or tomorrow I will probably assume that I am not going to hear from them.

We hit our first major post-smoking-cessation crisis last night and we didn't smoke well I didn't, I am sure that Bobby didn't either because the apartment doesn't smell like it! I hit a pothole while going to Target and it totally wrecked our front tire, ugh! Columbus has the worst roads. (You may have seen my exceptionally profane and not quite as literate rantings on Facebook on this subject.) We're trying to figure out the best way to deal with it so it doesn't happen again, because the car we bought has stupid "performance tires" (ie, tires stretched over wheels--"rims"--rather than just the kind that comes all assembled like normal cars, which means more expensive and the stupid aluminum rims are damaged easily). This is the second time we've gotten a flat because of the stupid performance tires. They don't perform so well.. ha.

Sigh. /endrant

How is everyone else today?
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:50 PM
WC! Guide
Kings Lynn

Hails from United Kingdom

Hi all
A nice quiet day at work, my boss is off pestering one of the other companies (LOL) and the only other boss who should have been in took the day off sick. So it was just the three workers. I was supposed to have a meeting tonight but that has been cancelled, so I have the evening at home.

Tomorrow night I am going to try a yoga class, there is one which charges for four sessions rather than a term, and lets you have the first class free to see if you like it. I'm not sure if I will be able to do it with my knee so a free taster would be sensible. The hope is that it will keep me supple until I can dance again, and maybe help with the stress/cortisol reduction. I'm keeping on with that fairly well, probably not drinking as much water as I should but more than usual.

Pam, I looked up about DHEA supplements, they are definitely not for me, the side effects are just too scary. It seems that DHEA and cortisol have a relationship balance and I would rather try to reduce the cortisol to let the DHEA be in higher proportion than take any supplement for it and risk the hair loss, heart arrhythmia etc that people are reporting. I know when I can dance again I will produce endorphins and improve my metabolism, so for me this is hopefully a short term thing.

Susie, what a pain about the tyres, Can you put a different set of wheels on? You might be able to pick some up cheaply second hand and it would be a saving in the long run. Here's hoping you get a second interview. Well done for getting through the smoking crisis, every success is another step on the way.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from Germany

Hi all - TGIW and my workweek is over. My boss had her last day today - she'll be on vacation now for the next 3 1/2 weeks and on her return will start her new job. And there's no successor yet. Fun. NOT! Haven't read past WIAs so can't comment, and have a headache/dizziness anyway, so I'm off to bed in a sec. I'll try not to be AWOL during the next couple of days. Hugs!
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
A Local Legend

Susie, I think I'd want all new wheels and tires, if you can swing it. I'm a beefy tire kind of girl anyway, makes me feel safe. What a pain though, and expensive. I'll keep my fingers crossed about the job!

Claire, you and I must have opposite issues with the adrenals then, mine are about exhausted and I'm very low in cortisol. Glad you had a nice work-day!

Hiya Andee. Hope to see you around a bit then! Yay. Is your boss staring in a new area of your company then? I had the impression she was leaving the company, but I only assumed.

#6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Immortalized
Aldergrove, B.C.

Hails from Canada

Good morning!!
Susie, fingers still crossed for you and the job!! Sucks about the potholes and the tires!!

Pam, nothing much going on here either - enjoy it!

Claire, good idea about the yoga. Enjoy your evening in!

Andee, good to see you! Yay for end of week!!

to all today. I'm working in the studio later, but for now, just being a lazy bum, doing nothing, relaxing, etc. Bad me!! Guess I could tackle the dishes - seems the magic dish fairy doesn't know where we live. Could Luke's tooth fairy buddy mention to the dish fairy that she's slacking?!?! Or mayb eI just need to sharpen the pointy stick and get dh to wash a dish or two now & then? Or buy me a dishwasher! (probably about #48 on our list of things we want/need for the house! LOL). Anyway, hope you all have a great day! I'm off to play Words with Friends on the ipod - pretty ambitious, huh?? Cheers
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
WC! Guide
Kings Lynn

Andee, good to see you here and yay for a short week. Hope you get to enjoy the break.

Pam, ah yes, it looks like we have the opposite problems, even if we share some symptoms like problems with weight control and lack of energy. Do you have to eat a special diet? I'm struggling to eat more protein, and the idea of eating fat every couple of hours is just weird.

Barrie, I love my dishwasher, it never complains or leaves it till the next day or expects to be praised for doing its job. Nothing wrong with relaxation, we could probably all do with more of it.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:04 PM
A Local Legend

Barrie, I'd move that dishwasher up to the top 3 on the list (no knowing what the other items are. actually when mine died... I moved it to number one and Frank moved it to number two - he didn't want to get a new washer until the new plumbing was done... but it was high priority!)

Claire, not a specific diet. Lots of plant foods, "several small balanced meals every few hours" - I like the Mediterranean diet because it has plenty of healthy fats - olive oil and protein and veggies and whole grains. Still, it's more food than I'm used to, but I can see how stretching out meals creates stress on a body... so I'm working at it.

#9   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Enthusiast
Singapore

Hi everyone,

Susie, what a pain about the tyre. If you got through that without having to light up then you are well on the way. I always think of Andee when I think of flat tyres LOL as the last one DH and I had was with a hire car in Austria. The manual for the car was written in German and it took us about 2 hours to figure out how to raise the car to put on the spare. It was on a really quiet road so there was no one to pass by and help.

Pam, yes, quiet is good. Do you think the new meds are working better now?

Claire, is your part of the UK still cold ? they are saying it might be 0 degrees overnight in London. Can't believe we are almost mid May and it's still almost freezing. I am using 2 duvets.

Andee, hugs, long weekend YAY.

Barrie, I know a thing or two about fairies and have it on good authority that the dish fairy is very good friends with your dogs. If she can't fulfill her obligations then the dogs will sub for her, BUT they told me they are having difficulty reaching the sink and could you please place the dirty crockery on the floor to facilitate cleaning?

The thing we are trying to purchase is a garage. The typical Georgian era townhouses never had garages for obvious reasons. However over time people have sold off parts of gardens etc and so there are some that trade as independant from a house. We have a walled courtyard garden with the house, but even if we wanted to, couldn't use it to park as there is no access. DH would like to have one and so I was tasked to put on the shopping fairy hat and find one. I actually found 2 but one wasn't suitable. The one we want also has "issues" which we are working to resolve, but it all takes time. We got some paperwork through today, so at least that's a miniscule step in the right direction. If it wasn't something he was really keen to have I would have given up, left the house with the agent to rent and gone back to Singapore, but I know he would like a nice car one day and so having secure parking is very high on his wish list. He's a boy he can't help it!
Fiona

My Website www.dragonfishdesigns.com
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 04:01 PM
A Local Legend

oh, that's right Fiona, you mentioned that awhile ago. It will be nice to have one in the city, for sure.

No, things are still working through... ups and downs. I'll get there though.

#11   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
WC! Guide
Kings Lynn

Pam, I'm also supposed to eat every couple of hours. If I obeyed it to the letter I would have four snacks and three meals a day, with a two hour wait after each snack and a three hour one after each meal. That I can do. What I have trouble with is the quantities, each meal should have a hand size portion of fruit/veggies (easy), a fist sized portion of starches (rather a lot), a palm sized portion of protein (can't, just can't) and a smallish amount of fat (OK). The snacks should be just the first and last items. The point is to keep calories quite high so your body doesn't do the starvation mode thing and the insulin starts to recover. Fats are encouraged as they take longer to digest and smooth out blood sugar levels. And I have to take green tea extract, and various other supplements.

Fiona, yes, parking can be a big problem so finding a suitable garage is a must. It is pretty chilly here, and I think there have been some frosts in the countryside. I turned the heating off but have relented and switched it back on again. I am so in need of summer!