WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2018, 09:38 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter As the Oily Rag Burns..... November 2018

Spontaneous combustion in this thread!!! Post your non-oil works...photos..or just come and chat...Everyone is welcome...!!!
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2018, 11:44 AM
A WC! Legend

Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... November 2018

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Took a great hike yesterday, the light was great, and I took quite a few good reference photos. One I am particularly eager to do a large painting of, but I need to work on those small pieces for December. I can't believe it is already November.

I need to get started on some grant applictaions too, now that I have a budget to work with.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2018, 05:20 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Hi Marcia...turned out my Halloween was a difficult day started out with bad news...so laid low for the most part..

good that you have new references you are excited about, and yes...time is fading away fast
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 PM
A WC! Legend

Sorry you've had bad news, Becca. Wish there was some way I could make it better, consoling words are just never enough.

Normally, I would never consider a front-on view of anything, let alone right in the middle of the frame, but this one is a rule breaker that just works.

The lines are interesting, as is positioning of the joshua tree on the left, and the roof-like formation of the boulders in the background. This one will be a good candidate for the Sant Monica show in January, In the meantime, I need to concentrate on the December show, and pray for sales.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-01-2018, 10:07 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thanks Marcia, much better today...some things just take a little time...

a belated, though still seasonal holiday post...

Pumpkin Pi

Name:  45194037_10156790334009176_1618022855960690688_n.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  16.1 KB

I like your reference...love ruins, they are so intriguing...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2018, 12:17 PM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Becca, first I saw the pic and I was Then I saw "Pumpkin Pi" and I was

Yesterday's painting went really well, I had put in the background for a roadrunner a couple days ago, and nearly finished the bird in a couple hours. I am remembering why I like painting on paper. Just the righ combination of firmness, beacuse it is mounted on a panel already, smoothness, and texture. I d find that I need to use medium to thin it a little right off the bat. I wonder if this might be a good painting surface for those thin paints someone posted about last month?
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-02-2018, 01:20 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

You idea about the paper for thin paint sounds good...I have done studies on matt photo paper and it sets almost on contact...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2018, 01:04 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Name:  caturday resize.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  148.7 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast
Oregon

Hails from United States

Missy took over the love seat. Happy Caterday.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2018, 10:00 PM
A WC! Legend

Happy Caturday!!!
Marvel says "Hi!"

I left home at 7:30 ayem for a county arts council board retreat, and got home at 4:30. The retreat was more like an intense board meeeting, but we got a lot accomplished. I tried to take a nap, but couldn't fall asleep. There is an opening tonight, I think I will go, and I should sleep well tonight. And daylight savings ends, so morning will come early...
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-03-2018, 11:08 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia...sounds like a long day
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2018, 11:16 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!

Hope you all have a splendid day!
  #13   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

So far is...think I have my drawing complete for my next painting and the other night took the plunge and made commitment to a tiny vacation in 3 weeks...will only be 3 nights away...(not including the first night, which for a large part will be at the airport ) ..but has been 2 1/2 years since my last vacationy vacation so am looking forward to the break...could only spare a short time, but will be great...weighing now what I want to do in my 2 days...lay low or pull out the stops and try to take loads in....
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2018, 01:55 PM
A WC! Legend

Hmmm, I must've forgotten to send my post yesterday...., I was kinda busy.

Congrats on the vacation, Becca, I hope nothing interferes with your travel plans this time. Looking forward to seeing your newest work, too.

I have been putting finishing touches on the first few of the small pieces for December. And I am thinking I should get an earlier start on the homestead ruins so I can promote it before the Santa Monica show in January.

Always more to do than time to do it in, which is better than the other way 'round, I guess.
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-06-2018, 02:44 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Wondered where you were...but guessed things came up.

and thanks...looking forward to my getaway, and of course as of yesterday already things started coming up to interfere...I'm going to try to stand tight and go anyway....But, basically my accountant finally became interested in pursuing the Ca thing and stepped it up...so I spent yesterday afternoon on the phone and MacBook with the CRA...was a big breakthrough in a sense and should help things move along now in a bit...but was chaotic and taxing...(lol)....the end for that is still a long way out, but still loads of hurdles to clear...

as for my painting, I"m looking forward to it as well..have no idea when I will actually paint...but at some point it will happen, actually hope to do a trilogy...

good luck getting the ruins started, and finished in time...
Becca's Fine Art my blog