Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Darkroom Show us your "Best Stuff" from March, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Guidelines for this thread are:

This thread will remain a sticky for the duration of the month. You are invited to post as frequently as you like with only one restriction, the photo should be taken by YOU in the month that is posted at the top of this thread. Since you posted the image because you considered it is some of your best work, I am asking that comments be restricted to only praise and applause.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Rob’t Emmet

My best so far this month…a triple digital exposure done in camera. The only processing was done in camera raw to darken the shadows a bit.

pnqǝsoɹ

chaffee

Interesting and enjoyable image Rob’t!
            Here’s my best shot of a pizza I made tonight…Shrimp fra diavolo pizza…delicious for those who like the spicy stuff…fresh chopped serranos and dried jalapeno flakes for the heat.

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

Anonymous

Nice Rob’t. Some delicate flowers and what appears to be the thick leaves of a succulent.

Tim, super food photo.

Anonymous

An extreme closeup of a somewhat large growth of tiny flowers in the front yard…

Rob’t Emmet

They can have my yard, but when they come in the kitchen…it is a different story.

Tim and Dave, I see a theme here, folks dusting off their macros. – Bob

pnqǝsoɹ

Don

One of the better shots of a Great Egret taken at the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine last week.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                            Immortalized forever
                            With silver and light"

Anonymous

That’s terrific, Don! :thumbsup:

I see from the green color of the lores that it’s well into the breeding season.

Don

Thanks Dave.

I see from the green color of the lores that it’s well into the breeding season.

Yes, there were actually eggs in some nests and even some chicks already hatched.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                                    Immortalized forever
                                    With silver and light"

Thanks gentlemen for the spectacular start to March’s BEST STUFF thread.

Sorry Tim, I can’t look at your pizza photo, I am going to get my cholesterol checked in the morning and I just can’t chance what effect looking at that delectable slice of mozzarella showered pizza would have on my blood work. All kidding aside, that is an excellent shot of one of my husband’s favorite foods.

Don,
                                    That super clear shot sure looks good on my screen. I feel like I am studying the hunting patterns of this magnificent looking bird. Nice control of exposure considering the whiteness of the bird.

Dave,
                                    Beautiful punch and pop in the orange flower. Very clear too. Like your crop and how you filled the frame.

Bob,
                                    Welcome to WC’s photography forum.
                                    I am totally enjoying your floral entries, especially the second one you posted with the ants on the yellow flowers with its beautiful bokeh. But the pale lilac one is a creative shot that I appreciate very much because of the abstract look to it. Something that I really am attracted to.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

A 1934 LaSalle Roadster

Anonymous

That looks so luxurious, sophisticated, swank.

Well-composed, as always. Great value control. And to my eye the colors of the background building add interest without competing.

I was thinking about getting rid of that cloth hanging over the right door, but didn’t know if I wanted to spend the time. It really breaks the line of the car though. I might work on it later.

Thanks, Dave for the nice comments.
                                        LORELL

maryinasia

these are beautiful!

peterfg

Otemachi, Tokyo
                                                [ATTACH]855336[/ATTACH]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.