Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Getting The Job Done

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Reddyman

I love to take leisurely drives around the northern rural areas to some of the farming communities in hopes of catching a glimpse of hard working Amish folks working their land with the use of their heavy work horses. I must admit for me it is a welcomed much simpler lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of surrounding highways, area shopping plazas and the bumper to bumper traffic. :eek:

Here is a 16 by 20 inch oil painting on canvas ….. a farmer tilling up his garden with the aid of what appears to be 3 of his beautiful heavy horses. I really worked the light in this scene against the dark forested area as well as capturing the varied greens thoroughout the scene. ( yes I love my varied greens..lol)
        I still need to do a few minor tweaks including adding in the reigns to the horses.
        Thanks again
        John

vegaskip

Lovely painting of a well remembered scene.
            Jim

Reddyman

Thanks Jim….very much appreciated.
                Yes memories of days gone by…..

John

vegaskip

Thanks Jim….very much appreciated.
                    Yes memories of days gone by…..

John

About three miles along the road from here, there is a Farmer who Breeds Clydesdale Horses, so we have the pleasure of seeing them in the fields, often with a Foal.
                    Jim

A beautiful and well designed painting. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Aussiesrus

Very skillfully rendered both the figure & horses which contrast nicely against a backdrop of different greens – Lovely Work !

Michael.

michaelcartwrightart.com.au
                        https://bluethumb.com.au/michael-cartwright
                        I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DRUNK I AM

Reddyman

Jim- my brother in law owns Clydesdales…such gorgeous, massive creatures. Thanks again.

Gary- thanks so much for the comments…always very appreciated.

Michael- much appreciated always…. worked the lights against darks alot in this one.

Have a great weekend guys.

John

Humburger

So beautiful. Well done.

Ginny
                                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                C & C Welcome

CaliAnn

Love this! Beautiful painting

Bizzibee

Such a beautifully tranquil, bucolic scene and wonderfully painted to boot! Looking at it instils me with a feeling of peace. Excellent!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Skyenorth

Lovely painting John of days gone by. I like the way the light falls on the horses and the man’s hat. Very good work.

[URL=http://www.simmillarts.co.uk
                                            http://simmill-arts.blogspot.com/
                                            Success is never found. Failure never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
                                            Winston Churchill.

Reddyman

Ginny- thanks so much for the wonderful comments again….I really enjoy painting rural scenes like this.

CaliAnn- I appreciate your wonderful comments always. Have a great weekend.

Bizzi- as always I thank you for taking the time to comment, yes I too find scenes like this very relaxing and peaceful. The comments are always so very appreciated.

Skyenorth- thanks very much for the comments… I worked on the lighting effect on this for a bit to accentuate the presence of light and warmth pouring in on the focal area, thanks again.

John

Excellent work!

RandyP

Hi John,

This is really good. What sells this to the viewer is getting the proportions correct on the figure and with the animals and also their size relationship to each other. You have the horses and the figure suggested convincingly! Everything around the subject is handled with a deft touch as well! Great job!!

Randy

Wonderfully engaging and so well painted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.