Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #582: Apr 2 – 10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Posted for Robin, we are sorry to lose her as a host. She posted this about the same time last year.

These are the hunting rules:
    – All items must be sketched or painted from life — no photo references nor from imagination.
    – Be as “creative” with the subjects as you want. Multiple subjects in a single drawing/painting is fine. Count them all!
    – No time limit on the sketches… as much or as little detail as you wish.
    – Any medium is welcomed.
    – All items need to be drawn or painted new from the date this scavenger hunt starts.
    – No certain order for completion. Number as you go to keep track of how many you’ve done.
    – Feel free to ad a tidbit about the item and/or what made you select it.
    – Have fun

Hi Everybody- here’s hopin’ for fun sketching time…….

Scavenger Hunt #582: Apr 2 – 10

looking from above
    looking from below
    silhoutte (not necessarily a person or animal)
    bottom of something
    turned upsidedown
    has some kind of a grid
    porch
    draped cloth
    corner of any object
    a knob
    a pair of___?
    sports related
    a car
    store front
    street sign or billboard
    a hand holding something
    a couch
    a handle
    a shoe
    a selfie
    broom or mop
    ***free space-your pick***
    lips
    your art space
    a sunset
    road scape

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
    My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Hi Jo, thanks for the new list and for jumping in to host.

I’ve jumped in to host the next hunt starting on Apr 10 but we have several host spots open after that. Please, if you are interested and available, sign up for hosting in this thread. Thank you!!

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Hi EP and all… Thanks Jo for substitute for Robin.
            Robin: I hope you can come back to us soon.

#1 corner of pretzels…snack package…etc… I am combining my sketch with “Day 2 of National Poetry Writing Month or Day2 of NaPoWriMo2019”.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Ai, I like the girls’ idea. The snacks are sketched so well. Great direct painting with wc. Cute poem. Congrats on being first, too.

Hi, EP.

I sketched in the big book with a Prismacolor pencil that was in my cup of pencils and pens. I wonder how long since the last time it was out of the cup.

Number 1, hand holding something
            Number 2, bottom of something – Gene’s Easter bunny, named March Hare. He got it early for good behavior.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
            My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Ai – great poem and super sketches of the pretzels in particular. When is your trip?

Jo – seems like that bunny is asking for a tummy rub :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Eye

Ai – great poem and super sketches of the pretzels in particular. When is your trip?

EP: The girls and Tone are visiting their grandma in Alabama this Friday and stay there for 10 days. I won’t be flying with them this time due to some teaching load at work.

Jo: Thanks… Yes, agree with EP… you did so well with the bunny…it felt so soft and inviting for a rub.

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Ai – tell your family to travel safe. It might feel strange to be home alone for several days, hey?

-- EP Moderator for:

Pine Cone

Jo — Thanks for posting a nostalgic list — vintage Robin :heart:

Robin — Please come by more often. I’ve been very much missing your sketches with their warmth and cheer and whimsy…

EP —Thanks for taking an extra event!

Ai — Your sketch is brilliant. Alive with color and shape. And your poems (here and on previous event), are wonderful. Your love of family is beautiful.

Jo again — You draw softness so beautifully. Wonderful, comforting sketch!

9 — Welcome back!!! I loved you watercolor on the last event and look forward to more of your work. I think you’re already better than you know. Your watercolor was full of personality and color and uniquely yours.

About sketchbooks and watercolor, I think some of the people here may have mentioned that they have a separate sketchbook for their watercolors.

Just as an example, I have an “Arches” spiral bound sketchbook for watercolor called “Carnet de Voyage” (Travel Book).

It has very thick cold press watercolor paper:
                            ….. 300 g/m2 = 140 lb.

It has the elongated shape that I love:
                            ….. 6″ x 10″

It’s great for quick sketches, and also for more detail later if you want!

I have another one. NOT spiral bound. By “Cartiera Magnani” and called “Italia acquerello”. The pages easily disengage if you want to remove them, but stay in otherwise. I love that even more than the spiral bound (for my purposes).

It also has the elongated, thick, cold press paper:

….. 4.5″ x 9″

….. 300 g/m2 = 140 lb.

Although both examples above are the same weight and both are cold press, I like the second example better. The cold press texture is slightly more subtle, and the “white” of the paper is slightly more pleasing to me. But truly, I love them both!

These are old so I don’t know what is currently available, but I’m sure there are a lot of options out there in all kinds of sizes and bindings.

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Eye

#2 silhoutte — of myself in the mirror …Doing this one as a part of “Day3 — NaPoWriMo2019”

PS. Don’t worry I am heading to the bed now …I’ll see the doctor tomorrow.

Ai

Eye

Ai – tell your family to travel safe. It might feel strange to be home alone for several days, hey?

EP: Thanks a lot for your kind wish. Yeah… I feel a bit strange … but it is good to have the girls reunited with their grandma and Tone with his mother.

Ai

Pine Cone

Ai, Wishing you all the best, and a safe and speedy recovery. Are your hubby and daughters on their way back home to take care of you? I hope so.

Scattykat

…thanks for Robins list Jo…

…quick sketch here, pen n watercolour, about A6…

1 pair of…bottles…

they are very small bottles…

back later to comment…:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                            ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Pine Cone

Scatty — Lovely bottles, beautiful work with the difficult transparencies! Love the lettering too, and everything about them both :)

Pine Cone

item #1- free space

a butterfly for Ai[/color]

My Mom gave me this little butterfly figure when I was a little girl. To me, butterflies symbolize healing, and freedom, and joy (like Ai’s artwork), and all sorts of good stuff.

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil.

Procreate app for the sketch.

Art Studio Pro app for the crop, borders, downsize, and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual acrylic and virtual ink on virtual panel.

Freehand, no drafting tools or tracing, digital or otherwise.

No grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning, digital or otherwise.

No digital filters or effects. No digital color intensification or exaggeration.

Reference located a few inches away.[/color]

Eye

Scatty: So beautiful little bottle sketches …agree with PineCone, that the transparency is so tricky … you handled it so well.

PineCone: Thanks for the healing vibe both words and the butterfly.. I suspect is a problem with my muscles… will see the doctor soon. Thanks you for the kind comments on my art works.

Ai

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.