WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#226   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 AM
Enthusiast
Kentucky

Hails from United States
Re: Round the Campfire ~ March

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstar
Can you all take a look and pick three? I think about 10 might qualify. I can't make decisions... so any input is really really helpful!
dj*

With a bit of 'this is what appeals to me' and a little bit of 'art booth at the horse shows' ... the three I'd go with would be Back to the Barn, Characters and Saddled Up.
  #227   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Saddled up, colored pencil on coffee and george
  #228   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstar
About falling down...
I am not quite old enough to actually BE old... but I have a weird ritual about things like step ladders. I put my cell phone on a string around my neck and sort of visualize where I might fall if I do, and it is like saying "break a leg" to an actor. As long as I have all of the situations covered in my head... I am safe!
But hitting a wasp with a cane??? I agree we need a fly swatter around there. Man, I hope the headache went away...

Afterthought....
I have got to decide what to do. I am entering a show about horses - THAT IS ALL, they don't have to ONLY be horses, just horses - and I cannot pick three.
THIS IS MY SAMPLE WESTERN GALLERY
Can you all take a look and pick three? I think about 10 might qualify. I can't make decisions... so any input is really really helpful!
dj*
dj*

dj, Made me smile about Gene. He put a fly swatter by both doors. He is allergic to the stings. Luckily, no sting! He is fine, a bit sore.

For picking the horses, all are wonderful. To my taste, I like Buckskin, Characters and the one after Saddled Up, doesn't seem to have a name, but the two riders seem to be handing off the mail.

You will do well! Break a leg!
Winston Churchill
  #229   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

Jo, I'm allergic to them too. I was on the front porch the other day and a wasp was getting a little too "friendly" so in my fight or flight response, I chose flight and took off running across the front yard. The grass was a little high so I couldn't see the hole where a tree used to be and fell flat on my face. I sure hope my neighbors weren't outside to see it
  #230   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:18 PM
A Local Legend
Scottsdale, AZ USA (do I get a flag?)

Hails from United States

Saddled up... one for sure....

The one without the title is "THE HAND OFF". THAT is a good idea. MY women on horse back...is where I am stuck....
I love characters. The intensity on both faces is really my goal.
The horse portraits are kind of new but as it is an equine show.....

What is better is the ones you ARE NOT picking. I like having fewer to think about. Trying to send them off in a couple of hours....
More input! Thank you all.
dj*
(edited because I forgot the pony express ones name. duh!)

Last edited by djstar : 03-31-2013 at 01:21 PM.
  #231   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:32 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone, and Happy Easter!!

There's a pork roast in the crock pot for Easter supper, and we'll make potatoes, fruit salad, butter dips (one of the yummiest homemade breads ever!) and some kind of dessert. Yum yum! I hope you all have some nice plans for the day.

Hi Jo. The sump pump has definitely put the mind at ease! So much simpler when we don't have to be vacuuming out water all day long! That recipe sounds absolutely amazing! I never do much with any kinds of peppers, but I may have to try that one! Mmm...

Hi DJ. Nice progress here!

Hi to everyone else! I'd better go check the pork. Have a great day!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #232   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-31-2013, 11:26 PM
A Local Legend
Scottsdale, AZ USA (do I get a flag?)

Hails from United States

Women Artists of the West Horse ShowGOT IN... there way at the bottom. Hopefully they will alphabetize us soon. I asked all of my facebookers and there was NO consensus... But I LIKED Characters and the other two were for good reason...
THANKS FOR HELPING!
dj*
  #233   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:20 AM
Lord of the Arts
New Mexico

Hails from United States

HAPPY EASTER ALL,!!
DJ, congrats on getting in! Awesome! Good luck with it!
I only really have one ritual. When we leave town to do some race, i make sure the house is really clean, so that if i die falling off some cliff or drowning in some river, and the neighbors have to come sort things out here, they wont think I'm a total slob.
Jenna, that dinner sounds delicious! We were gone all afternoon, and came back really tired, so i just had steamed chard, lentils, and some s trawberries for dessert. Steve fixed some spaghetti ( but i dont eat wheat) so none of that for me. You'd think I'd be skinnier.....
Donna, where is a video camera when you need one!

We are in process of putting up a fence. We have three original surveyor's stakes on one side, and ran a string between them to find the property line, but now that neighbor is concerned that a water spigot, clearly on our side of that line, belongs to her. It is all congenial at this point, but now i am second guessing, because a water shut off is next to that spigot, and she says it tirns off her water. Doesnt make sense that her shutoff is on our property, though there are some interesting things as far as all that goes out here. So, now we have to get this all figured out, so that it stays congenial. We do not have metered water, so who actually uses the spigot doesnt really matter, but, you know, neighbor stuff can get touchy.... If we are wrong somehow, i will be surprised, but will do what we have to to correct it.... Our new fence is along that line, and right now just has a few posts.. Not too awful if we have to re-do.
my blog
  #234   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast
Fort Worth, TEXAS

Hails from United States

DJ

Deb,
  #235   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

Congrats, DJ.

Deb, good luck with the fence and property line situation. It seems like there are lots of property line adjustments happening when new surveys are done. The GPS technology is much more percise that the old methods apparently. It may mean your neighbors shut off valve willhave to be relocated on the other side of the "new" line. Hopefully, cool heads will prevail.
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.