WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 01:22 AM
Resting in Peace
Kington, Herefordshire, England

Hails from United Kingdom
***DAILY WASH***Thurs 24 April

HI All

Since Im still up @ 6.30 am (fell asleep in front of tv till 3.00am then checked in here............ been sorting In Box and how to get badge payments sorted etc etc etc ever since ) thought I'd start Wash up again

Wigan Pier Crew have a great gathering

Others have a great day/holiday

Will now go and finish sleep on sofa as expecting to be woken by postman in a couple of hours

See y'all later
All my pastel portraits HERE ....currently being updated! Website : www.JayteesArt.co.uk : also needing updating ! ...... and over in Facebook 'Self Portraits Studio' and just re-discovered this wonderful group here 'Self Portraits Join in the Fun'
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 03:01 AM
A Local Legend

Morning JT and all who come in after me.
12:01 a.m. and I'm watching the bonus "Graham Norton" show on BBCA. Love GN--he's a wonderful wit.

I've painted just a bit this evening, finished one, will finish the other tomorrow. Looking forward to staying in tomorrow, too much running around today. Last spring I planted a cactus, which was about 2" in height. It has grown like a weed and has blossoms buds. I am so excited, the buds stay green and tightly furled for quite awhile; Shim and I check them daily. Tonight when I got home Shim and I went out on the patio and on the hill I saw a spot of orange color!!! Amazed! Tightly furled yesterday and wide open today! I try to get a picture tomorrow am as it was in deep shade when I saw it. So, that's my news. See you later.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 06:05 AM
A Local Legend

Morning Jaytee, morning Fookie!
Fookie - looking forward to seeing the pics of your cactus.
We're getting a nice response in the wastercolour portrait exchange. Some are wondering where the boys are? Hey, you in the hat ... and anyone else who is interested.

I have to say, last week was more fun when I was on vacation ... gotta run!
Take care.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 06:10 AM
A Local Legend
UK

Hails from England
Morning!!!!!!
Belly has been feeling grouchy for a few days now.....some virus bug thing going around, more annoying than painful!
Started a new painting last night which has turned into a WIP, it's a rose and Sandy's wonderful roses are still in progress , so wish me luck...I may need it! LOL!
Friend is popping over this afternoon with her Daughter, so not much time to paint today Is it called addiction when you actually become unsociable over your art? I am so desperate to start my new painting I almost asked them not to come!

Oh well, must be off, my boys have challenged me to a game of Swingball.......remember that game?

Have a good day everyone and paint all day if you can, 'cos I can't!

*Location Sketchbook 2007* - MY BLOG
-GLASS DEMO
"Love art... Of all lies, it is the least untrue." - Gustave Flaubert, letter (1846)
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 06:16 AM
Oakwood, Ohio, near Dayton.

Hails from United States
Good Morning all,

It is only 6:00 a.m. here in Ohio. The sky is beginning to get lighter outside my window, and the birds are beginning to waken and sing. I really enjoy this peaceful time of day.

Yesterday was yard day for my husband and I. While he mowed the grass, I raked the garden and planted my Italian parsley, two kinds of lettuce, and swiss chard. I plotted out where the cucumbers, tomatoes, and Italian Roma-type Beans were going to go when it gets a little warmer too. The trick now is going to be keeping the squirrels from digging and burying things where I've planted my seeds. They drive me nuts!

I also painted a small picture of a Greek temple. I tried using Pam's and Em's techniques, and it was going along great guns, but I messed it up at the end. Somehow, my pink and blue columns just didn't have the panache theirs do, so I put a wash of light gray over them and now they look dead. I may do it over again and try it with more conventional colors to see if I like it better.

We are getting ready to go to Pennsylvania on Sunday to stay with our grandson, Quinn, for a couple of days while his mom and dad take a mini-vacation. We are hoping for good weather so we can take Quinn to the zoo one day. Love going to the zoo with little kids, they make it fun.

Good to see you posting again, Jaytee. Glad your hands seem to be getting better.

Fookie, I think Shimmie is going to be the first Pomeranian to earn a badge in horticulture. BTW, I would love to have the recipe for Potica that you mentioned in the Wash a couple of days ago. I didn't get back to the Wash yesterday to tell you I would appreciate your sending it to me. Beside painting, International foods and recipes are a hobby of mine. I love to try different things, and I'm lucky that my husband and kids enjoy eating them too.

Hope everyone has time to do all the painting they want, and the good health to be able to enjoy the wonderful Spring weather we are having (or Fall if you are on the other side of the globe).

See you later.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 06:35 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Malaysian, living in Singapore

Hails from Singapore
Hi everyone,

Nothing much done today... just running errands and browsing WC! (lurking)... hmm.. and no painting done .... it's 6.30pm now and I'm about to have dinner.

Speaking of dinner, remember the little shop I rented from Alan's Lincoln City?... where I serve Chinese meal?

Yeah... see it for real, man! Haven't cooked for a long time but since my "unemployment" days, I've been dishing out some easy-to-cook meal now and then...

Celerie and meatballs (left) and the famous Marvin's Kung Pau Chicken with fried egg and sausages... LOL haven't tasted them yet... waiting for Adeline to return and eat them together.... hmm.. I sound like a homemaker now

.... and the aftermath LOL
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 06:47 AM
Resting in Peace

Hi Again.......... parcel arrived safely........stuff to recharge my good tummy bugs after anti-b's.

Anita......... you're better than me.... I'd use the tummy bug as an reason to put off visitors and paint

Fookie and Sylvia.............. isnt it exciting planting seeds, watching them come up and seeing buds burst into bloom. Its fascinating to think that across the world one of you is so in sync with nature here in UK - i planted lots of veggie seed just before the infamous bite ! - and the other so totally different with desert cactus

Marvin......... your pics remind me Ive not eaten breakfast yet

Fun2cook.......... I love your WASTERCOLOUR ........... thats just what I do waste colour

Raining here at last......... so may get some urgent papersorting done........ or may have a late go at Chinatown ...... ooooh and sort project judging............. if I get painting done wonder if youll let me have a postponed through injury late entry....... though got to get a result first.... it will be, I think the fifith attempt........... also with a motherwash so likely to ruin it in final stages agian too After that I shall watch the grass shoot up again
All my pastel portraits HERE ....currently being updated! Website : www.JayteesArt.co.uk : also needing updating ! ...... and over in Facebook 'Self Portraits Studio' and just re-discovered this wonderful group here 'Self Portraits Join in the Fun'
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 07:38 AM
A WC! Legend
Pinehurst

Hails from Canada
Good Morning Washuns...

JT... Not only do you have your hands back in working order, but it seems your energy as returned full tilt...

Fookie... looking forward to your pics. The place I work at in Monterrey has cacti growing all over the place... wild. Everything always looks so brown and dry and parched... Then... all the blossoms of these "weeds" open and it's absolutely spectacular. I've never bothered to get pictures, but next time I'm down there I'll take my camera...

Mary-Ann... You've probably left for the day... but I know what you mean... Any more, when I take holidays I hate to go back to work... I keep thinking, hmmmm I could really retire and live like this... hehehe

Nitsa... You're not addicted... You're focused...

Sylvia... sorry to hear about your "mud"... Isn't it just awful when the grandkids live so far away!!!

Homemaker Marvin... did you clean up the aftermath????

We have a fine, sunny morning here in Southern Ontario... There was a light frost this morning, but it's already gone... Nothing terribly interesting going on today, just same old same old...

Everyone have a great day!!!

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art. Leonardo DaVinci
Handbook Index ... Help for Newbies
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 07:59 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada
Good Morning Everyone!!!!
Beautiful, sunny morning, thick frost on the rooftops, supposed to go up to 11C (52F) and improving as days go on.

Couldn't resist and started on the portrait of Bethany (she is soooo cute!!), so far so good but now the hair argh!!!!

Went to life drawing last night and am very happy to say that this group likes longer poses so henceforth I will take my watercolours and see if I can do it on the spot. Should really be easier than shading in with pencil. The reason I had quit going was because the group was filled with University students who all wanted gestures only.

Fookie, how wonderful that your cactus is blooming, very rewarding for all the hard work you are putting in. Nothing of any colour happening here yet. Anxiously awaiting your post of new painting, or is it already there, I headed straight for the wash this morning. Love your doggie stories!!!

Anita, hope your tummy gets better fast. I agree re visitors taking time away from painting HA!

Marvin, that looks sooo yummy!!! Sorry to read about your picture problems with eBay. I think eBay is slow now, I watch it a bit just to stay in touch with the trends. One of these days will try and sell all my piled up stuff again.

Fun2 your painting of em is looking good. Am almost glad that the weather is too cold to garden, another grace day for painting!!!

Jaytee, I find it hard using someone elses painting technique. Tried a few times and it never works out. Good luck!!

Have to run, one of my friends wants me to show her how to paint flowers. I wish I could show her a "no fail" technique, but if there is one, I don't know of it yet.

Wishing all a great day!!!!!!
Uschi
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 08:10 AM
A Local Legend
Sister Bay, WI

Hails from United States
Good day all. Sunny and cool here.
Have to run but had to stop by here first.
Meeting an hour away this morning and working at resale shop this aft.
I really think we need a recipe exchange here.
Hope you all have a good day.
JoAnn
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 08:24 AM
A WC! Legend
The beautiful" Kawartha Lakes" area of Ontario

Hails from Canada
Good Day to all:

I am running late so forgive me for not responding to each of you.

The sun is out but there is ice on all the puddles and on my mini pond. Of course, after I set it up last weekend and dug up the plants from the perennial garden, I should have expected this. I guess that happens in nature on the shorelines of rivers and ponds so hopefully they will flourish after a short freeze.

Hopefully this weekend will be warm again and I can get the lettuce and snow peas planted in the garden, cut back the raspbeery canes and furtilize the strawberries. But then again, maybe it will rain and I can paint.

See you all later and have a good day

Gail
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Enthusiast
TX coast

Hails from United States
i being a good girl and trying to stay active around here. i tend to pooch out and just brouse without saying anything. being involved in an ongoing project helps end that problem i guess. i am having so much fun painting all these fabulous WCers in the portrait project. i didn't realize how much i like painting people. so glad fooks and maryann thought of it.

Uschi-i hate it when people want me to show them how i did something, cause half the time it was an accident and i just end up giving a verbal explaination.

man, everyone is either gardening or cooking around here. my dad may be a landscape architect, but our yard is nearly the worst in the neighborhood. we have 7 kids, nice landscaing isn't practical (seriousely).

see yall round
Bethany

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Resting in Peace

Collard Greens..................

All you US gardeners............ Im having trouble tracking down Collard Greens seeds over here.. ........is it that they wont grow? or theyre classed as a weed? Or what? From my web search I have discovered what they're not........ Spring Greens as sold in Uk (usually cabbage) , or Mustard Greens... though similar. Enlightenment would be greatly appreciated Good job Im not an Iguana
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 09:02 AM
A WC! Legend
The Rockies, Montana, USA

Hails from United States
HI/Bye

we are packed and ready to go....soon as we have breakfast, we are on the road

Have a great weekend....I'll probably log on from my daughters

Pam
  #15   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-24-2003, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast
TX coast

Hails from United States
Pam, have a great trip. you are such an addict, i mean asset to the community.

Bethany