Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ntl

My gouache paint tubes–mostly Lukas– don’t have the pigment numbers on them.
        Do any have them?

calvin_0
            ntl

that helps, but how about on the tubes?

Apparently the Arteza tubes have pigment numbers on them, and apparently some info may not be correct. See post 3 at https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452920
                “…; however, now I can get it off the actual tubes. Unfortunately, some of the PIDs are different, so here’s a corrected chart:…”

Kosmon

Lukas makes two different qualities of gouache; the colour chart is for the Extra-Fine –

I purchased the Lukas Designers Gouache intro set. The tubes do not look like their 20ml counterparts from the pro set, which are the shiny metal. These are plastic, and green. It says on them Lukas Designers Gouache Art and Design. The Pro set states on the tube Extra-Fine . . . .

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1434671

Kos

Hemmed & Hawn
                    from
                    PERESTRELLO's BOX[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
                    Root, Bone, Sticks & Stone
                    Misspris

A few years ago I bought starter set of Lukas gouache through Jerry’s, at the time they were selling both the designer and the bigger tubes of extra fine, which had the shiney metal on the tube. I thought I was buying the extra fine, as I read the literature on the site to make sure I was buying the better one, and no where on the site did it differentiate the two, all the literature was for the extra fine. I also contacted Jerry’s for reassurance that I was buying the extra fine and I was upset when I was sent the green looking tubes. But they did have pigment information on them and they used high quality pigments, for example I remember the warm red was a pure cadmium, from memory they were mostly single or double pigments. I don’t believe Jerry’s sells the extra fine anymore. If you would like pigment numbers for the green tubes, designer set, I can get them out and look it up, not sure if you are only interested in the extra fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.