Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    jonc50

This is a 22″ x 30″ 140 lb. watercolour sheet and I’ll be painting with Pentel watercolours. The painting is of a salmon with the rod and reel beside the fish which is partially in the water along the shallow shoreline of our local river early in the fall with some of the coloured leaves (yellow-cottonwood & green or brown-alder) as well. This start of the WIP is the sketch for the painting.

jonc50

Looking good already!

Christel

Triduana

A great start! :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

SunsetSue

Off to a great start Jon! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Sue Ellen Cowan[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

"To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage." - Georgia O'keefe

I love the pebbles. Looking forward to the fish! 😎

Penny
                    I live in Wiltshire, England
                    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

fedetony

Great start… :)

Federico Garcia
                        My Blog
                        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

jonc50

Thanks Christel, Kay, Sue Ellen, Penny, & Federico!

jonc50

A bit more work on the water.

jonc50

With the detailing there are a lot of peculiar aspects. Due to the clarity, the water is hard to see because some of the rocks are partially out of the water and partially submerged. On the above progression you can see one rock with a small line of surface bubbles separating the dry top of the rock and the submerged portion of the rock.

Triduana

So much detail. It definitely reads as water, I love that row of bubbles and the shapes in the corner.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Boafamily

This is really looking good.

Looking wonderful already! Stunning textures.

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

Goodness and this is watercolor! You certainly know how to render watercolor! Excellent work and I’m looking forward to your updates!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Very nice WIP!!! Staying tuned for the rest…

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.